Saturday, December 01, 2007

Seem to be catching up all week

when it comes to writing. I had another good walk on Thursday, then back to work - same on Friday. Worked a bit later last night to get some keypunch done in peace and quiet. Snow started flying this a.m. with the prospect for more tomorrow night. I can see the bread and milk crowd racing off to the store as we speak.

News from the last couple of days - earthquake in the Eastern Caribbean; Green Bay's loss on Thursday night and Favre's injury, UCONN's football coach talking to Georgia Tech; a very bizarre visit from some of my neighbors whose thought is that when I drain my bathtub on the fourth floor it leaks in a unit on the first floor?? It was additionally odd because all the "players" were connected to my past - the unit renter is the son of a high school classmate; the owner of the unit is the niece of a high school classmate; and the owner's mother is of course the sister of a classmate but also the ex-wife of a friend of my brother's who was the driver of the car during the car accident where my brother had some major damage done to his hand - small town stuff for sure.

I am floundering today as to what to do next. I have Economic Development Agency committee work to do. I have to decide about Christmas cards or no cards - I usually fall on the no cards side of that decision. Whether I go into the Hartford Library for a holiday music event at 2 p.m. Sister #4 wanted to know if I was heading down to Mystic Village for their holiday event. But I seem to be saving all my energy for the big trip to Boston on Tuesday.

Speaking of that, I read this morning that George Karl's son has also been assigned to the D-League as JamesOn did. The good news on JamesOn's move is that it looks like he is playing a lot which he would not have been if he did not make the move.

I am thinking the first thing I better do is take a shower and get dressed. Have a good weekend.

No comments: