Thursday, June 26, 2008

New car smell is gone!

I will go in to more details tomorrow morning, but the one thing I can report on tonight is that my new car has definitely been broken in! I was doing some figuring and it looks like I got close to 37 MPG with all the highway driving - have to get through this tank to make a final tally. I have driven 1500+ since I started my vacation at the beach on June 14. My poor car needs a bath! We were both a bit grimy after the ride from DC to CT today. The Baltimore tunnel and the GW Bridge both took their toll on me today - mentally, as to financially - tolls on the north and south of my trip, $15.95 and $25.45 respectively. It used to be cheaper to "go home" when I lived in NC but coming home to CT is more expensive and the gas prices followed the toll increase.

My vacation, Part II is not over yet. I am going to stay away from work until Monday, June 30. I need to keep my focus and not fall into my 2007-08 school year habit of working way too much. I am going to start a "new way" for 2008-09. Please let me know if you see me falling off that "work less, live more" wagon. Sounds silly to most that it would be hard to do that, but for me it is a challenge.

This vacation has been a very good thing for me...more tomorrow a.m. I must admit I liked getting back to my little apartment today. It all works - going on vacation, being home, not working, working...all good. "Nationals win, Nationals win"

No comments: