Monday, August 31, 2026

No distractions this a.m.

In the no distractions mode, I picked one of my "calm" pictures.  I shut down early yesterday, but no emails to welcome me this a.m. except the ALDI Wednesday sale items preview.  :)  I am focused on this week's Shoprite (started yesterday) and last week's ALDI (started last Wednesday) in setting my list.  I did see I have 6 Tide pods left...will look at the pricing for that today at Shoprite and the "Compare to Tide" at ALDI.  :)  But no urgency.  6 = 6 weeks at my one load of clothes a week pace.  

Talked to son on Saturday and nice back and forth with email yesterday.  He has a lots of things going on - working on doing some work at a buddy's warehouse building getting it cleaned up, not sure for what; helping out at friends pizza place on weekends.  They sell out on the weekends so it is pretty controllable as to time commitment.  He is doing some "school work" with Per Scholas that will ramp up after Thanksgiving. Told him I need a bumper sticker to add to my Flagler bumper sticker.  One of his bosses from back in the day in NYC reached out to him.  He is doing a new release on a drink and wanted son's input on their launch.  In a time when many worry about "what if", son is good at "let's try" or "why not". Always good for a mother to hear no matter at what age offspring are.  

My yesterday - finished The Correspondent.  Couldn't stop until I was done yesterday morning so after writing, word work, eating meal #1 - curled up with it and finished it.  10 a.m. take off for my walk to Unionville.  NOW I know how I filled time pre swim season - reading more.  Sister #1 sibling call when I was on the trail.  She and her gentleman caller moving from NYS to PA after a week with sister #3.  Her wife returned from Cape to take back over the recuperation from sister #3's fall and subsequent surgery.  Sister #1 and gentleman caller will do some repacking and head to Cape Cod on Sept 8 for their month in North Truro.  My HUGE plan for travel is Sept 10 to sister #4's house, then with her to niece #4's white coat ceremony at YNH hospital on Friday, then back to sister #4's to hang at her house until she heads to Cape to meet up with sister #1.  My second - and last for the season - swim in her pool.  She will have her pool boy close it down on Oct 1.  

Post walk yesterday - great Death Sangha.  The 3 person breakout room I found myself in was incredible.  Wonderful people with conversation that made me laugh...and cry.  So happy that this Sangha lasts through December on selected Sundays and Tuesdays.  

Today - load of clothes washing, walk, Shoprite/ALDI.  $2 for 10 ears of corn has me stopping by Shoprite and to do my red grapes and Tide pods price comparisons.  Nothing on my paper calendar.  Will drop off book at the library on front end of my walk.  Might stop before I head to grocery shopping and do some restocking of books for my bedside table.  Moved on to Heroes of the Frontier/Dave Eggers.  Along with Nínive Calegari, Eggers is the co-founder of 826 National, a network of youth writing and tutoring centers around the United States. The whole thing started with 826 Valencia, their original center in the Mission District of San Francisco. Since then, over seventy other organizations, from Louisville to Toowoomba, Australia, operate with inspiration from the 826 Valencia model. I was trying to figure out why his name was familiar and I realized I had seen a podcast or TV spot about his 826 National project and the original SF location.  AND if I am remembering correctly, he has stuck to a flip phone approach to life...wonder if that is still true or my memory is correct.  :)

Also, I know I should not care, but I did like watching the last few minutes of the PGA event with Scottie winning.  AND he just turned 30 in June...

Also, just checked TGDS blog.  Like the ED's piece that runs today.  

I continue to be a poster girl for hay fever - runny eyes, itchy nose...oh well.  Why I always looked "so cute" the first week of school back in the day.  New England brings out the best of me in the fall.  :)

You have been held back in a number of areas in recent weeks, but the next few days will see you making progress at such a rate that you will make up for the ground you have lost, even more so if you join forces with like-minded colleagues.

You’re susceptible to charmers and smooth talkers, dear Libra, as the Moon moves through Aries and your solar seventh house. A desire for romance, passion, and connection puts you in flirtatious spirits, but don’t invest too heavily in people you’ve just met. A harsh opposition between Luna and Venus could lead you toward inharmonious matches that seem promising on the surface. If you’re hoping to find a genuine love match, you’ll need to focus on elevating yourself first. If anyone takes up too much of the spotlight and doesn’t give you a chance to shine, run in the opposite direction. Work on cultivating friendships and building your reputation when Jupiter and Saturn align later today.

People may see you as the personification of drama, especially this morning, Libra. This is a good time to express your emotions and get things out of your system. Be sure to release whatever pent-up emotion you have inside. By afternoon, it might be a good idea to settle down and lay low. Turn your energy inward, come to your center, and plan what needs to get done.

No worry for me to be swept away.  I don't think I will meet any charmers at Shoprite or ALDI.  :)  Have a good Monday - last day of August 2026...time flies.  


No comments: