Got this from Emberlight in my email box this a.m.: Two gatherings this season ask a version of the same question: What does it take to become someone a community can lean on, and what happens when that person is the one who needs holding? Leaning in and leaning on...Always an interesting balance for me. But yesterday I had another example of me being guided and led. Not in any monumental way, but in the "snack item" pursuit. I decided to take the bull by the horn and do my shopping - on foot - on Friday and not today. ALDI is packed on Saturdays and I had my additional task of getting store credit for the Millville pancake syrup that was uneatable. So, reading and writing, set off for walk with a satchel with plastic bottle to cash in at Shoprite - name brand Lemonade sister #1 had purchased when she was here and I finally finished off. Then to ALDI - I had looked at their weekly flyer and decided I would go with chips and salsa and chips and dip AND hope to get out for $10. So with my store credit of $2.35, I walked out at $7.17/4 items. Done. It was a long feeling walk home with my satchel AND salsa was heavy and did not want to crunch any of the chip items. :) Life in my world is a funny thing. Did drop off Eggers at the library on front end of walk. About half way through A Long Winter. Very good and very short. Also glad I did my errand yesterday as I have Lansing DC at 10 a.m. this morning and that would have put a time restraint on yesterday than I do not have today and I can do my regular Saturday route.
GA DC member shared the NYT article about Quietus. Did not take NYS long to figure out a cottage industry approach to MAiD. I keep thinking if more people see there is money to be made...the bandwagon and the range of motion will increase. BUT my hair did get on fire with the latest GeriPal episode...the elderly and GLP-1s... per the internet - "More than 600,000 seniors have signed up for GLP-1 weight-loss medications in the first two months of the new federal program." More from the internet - "Scott Galloway argues that GLP-1 medications will have a greater, more transformative impact on human well-being and the U.S. economy than artificial intelligence." What a world...
AND got home from my walk to find the landlady had dropped off some of her homemade ginger snaps. She must have "sensed" that I was have a day.
So today - Lansing DC, walk. "Pack up" dishes to take with my sharing for Sunday. I don't want to have to bother the birthday girl or her brother so I will bring my bowls and such.
Got a text from son yesterday - "All good with tornado Detroit new on my end :) seems to be making national news. Nothing else. I will see if he calls today. He has been working on projects of late that have been full days so last week he called before he headed to his pizza work. :)
Have nothing to do with someone who says one thing but then immediately starts doing the opposite. If they are unable to make up their mind about their own activities, it’s unlikely they will be able to help you. They are not to be trusted.
Wishes are granted early this morning, darling Libra, thanks to sweet aspects between the Gemini Moon and nodes of fate. Muster the courage to dream big, gathering the strength to see these visions through. The universe rewards determination once Luna enters Cancer and aligns with Chiron. Double your effectiveness by partnering up with someone you've been wanting to collaborate with. These vibes also bode well for matters of the heart, helping you move romantic connections forward. However, you'd be wise to protect yourself from those who have a habit of making empty promises when Neptune stirs up deceptive vibes this afternoon.
Some new information could come your way that causes you to focus on a new interest, Libra. It'll set your mind traveling to faraway places and times. You may also communicate with some new people who are highly educated, from foreign lands, or both. They might have fascinating stories to tell! Whatever happens, today promises to excite your curiosity and stimulate your intellect.
Listening to All-In as we speak. Great email from niece #1 yesterday. Can't get a better pic than the one of her husband walking their son into school on the first day. What a gift that she found this man in the Southern Part of Heaven! AND his school is right across the street from their house. Magic. Have a magic Saturday.


No comments:
Post a Comment