Saturday, March 24, 2007

NOW I am talking Spring!

I guess you can tell what I think is the flower of Spring. Daffodils and Peeps - don't need anymore signals than that. Today was a very energizing day in a non-spectacular way. Woke up and opened up the windows and starting some Spring cleaning and moving the furniture around - Spring is here. Stripped the bed sheets, and flipped the mattress. I have this mattress that has a sticker that tells me what months what side/corner should be on the bottom left as you stand at the end of the bed. I am religious about flipping and turning every quarter as instructed. It is quite a 3 Stooges (but with only 1 Stooge) as I wrestle with the queen size mattress to get it in the "right" position. Too bad no one else will ever experience the positive affect of my good mattress flipping...but I digress.

Then I was off to my parents to do my wash. And while they were at a friend's funeral, I did my wash, read the paper, cleaned the inside of my car - wiped down all the inside, cleaned the mats, but did not worry about the outside with snow still melting and splishing and splashing still going on. Then I cleaned their kitchen and bathroom floors. Then on to do some "impulse" buying - I have been wanting to splurge and get DOVE soap, good shampoo and conditioner, more dental floss, and some new face "product" - need to gear up the UV protection. I feel softer and prettier already. My "new look" did not seem to turn any heads at church tonight, but maybe they just did not want to gawk?!...it is to stay happy when one is oblivious...

Went on a great walk - called a friend in NC to check on his brackets and realized I had forgotten he and his wife had told me he was being operated on and it just took place on Thursday. But I am glad I called. He is healing up and UNC won last night, so he is OK. My brackets are still holding up - OSU to the final four. We will see if Kansas stays with me tonight - it is nip and tuck as we speak.

Next week looks busy - kids come back from Spring Break so school will be hopping again and - in the Praise the Lord category - the dining hall will be open!!! I have been starving to death! Talk about being spoiled. I am glad they had camps at school during the summer! I have dinner plans on Wednesday and Friday with former co-workers and Thursday night haircut. Now that I have my good shampoo, might as well keep it short so the curls can help me look like I do something with my hair besides wash and dry. Nature has been kind to me on so many levels - low maintenance hair and strong constitution for all my walking.

I got THE best present from sisters #4 and 5 from St Lucia. Being the only sister that drinks, I said "bring me back a Piton" - the local beer. Seeing an ad in a St Lucia travel magazine made me nostalgic for the Pilsener from Ecuador. So when I got to my parents' house today, there was a Piton glass and a Piton coaster. I am in heaven. I am going to tell everyone who goes to visit to bring me back a glass so I can get a "set" going. Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Well, UCLA up by 4 at half. Better become one with my couch and cheer on Kansas. Here is to another great Spring day tomorrow.

No comments: