Monday, March 19, 2007

Shoveling and basketball


This might be the closest I could ever get to the March Madness Suite, but since I won't even spring for expanded cable service on my one 12" TV...I don't think I would have this 3-prong access. Oh well. I watched enough yesterday. Of course I am reminded about my trip to 2005 regional tournament and 2 solid days of in person March Madness, but 4 days of TV has been good this year.
Yesterday morning I watched my Sunday talking heads shows and then headed into my parents to shovel out sister #4's car and was happy to see that my sister in law and niece #3 were in visiting my parents with their new dog. I don't know what it is about people and dogs? But I think that says more about me than them. We had a report that sister #5's dog is getting good care at doggie dog care while sister #5 is in St Lucia. Doesn't hurt that the owner of the care center is the daughter of my parents' best friends! I think Newman is getting preferential treatment...
After shoveling, I had lunch, grocery shopping, a short watch of basketball, great walk, then hot tub and "one with my couch" for the balance of the night and the games were over. But I did get hooked on CSPAN after the last game was over - Q&A with a Supreme Court reporter - great insight of our Supreme Court Justices.
Theorectically, the boss will be back today. I am sure there will be a story about being stuck in Florida surrounded by cancelled flights. We will see how her re-entry goes.
The snow with the coating of ice on it was beautiful with the sun shining on it yesterday. Can't believe I am appreciating the beauty of winter...

No comments: