Thursday, June 21, 2007


Stillwater, Okla. - JamesOn Curry, a junior on last year’s Cowboy Basketball team, has decided not to withdraw his name from the list of potential NBA draft prospects and will be eligible for the NBA draft on June 28, it was announced today. Sounds like he is in to the draft - "today" being June 18. I will keep checking. I am hoping that he did not get an agent yet so he can go back to school if he goes undrafted? We will see. I have to keep my eye on JameSon and the Billikens to start planning my winter travel.
Work re-entry went very well - I thought - yesterday. Attitude is everything. No going-away party today for departing co-worker today, but two of us will be joining her for lunch on Friday while the boss is in the Trustee Retreat. That will be a much better send-off in my mind.
Great show last night about the Nantucket Film Festival. I tried to win a trip for two to the island that the TV station was giving away, but I misdialed the first time (I hate that when they give letters and not numbers...) but I might have to go there some day. It also got me more enthusiastic about seeing Evening when it comes out and there was one film I need to ask my son about - Pretty Face or something like that. I also watched our "rookie" Congressman on CSPAN last night - Chris Murphy. He and two of the other "30-something" legislators were very good. I am not sure what that late night live coverage of the floor of Congress is about, but it was interesting last night.
I am going to call about my State Parks pass today. I want to confirm how long their season goes, I am thinking I could really enjoy the end of the season once the kids go back to school.
Good news, bad news day today - First Day of Summer - good news, it is summer; bad news is that every day gets shorter from here on out. Light of day is huge to me. But I won't go directly to "light sad" yet...I need as much light as possible right now to keep my big picture thinking big. The weather is helping me today, it is an incredible weather day as I look out of my perch on the 4th floor looking toward the river.
Happy First Day of Summer.

No comments: