Monday, July 16, 2007

A different Sunday

Sunday followed Saturday in its “non-regular” start, middle and finish. Went to church at 8 a.m. so I would be ready whenever Sister #1 called to say she was headed out. Watched some talking heads shows and was very shocked when I saw the news that Doug Marlette had died. I discovered he was killed in a car accident in Mississippi. I had taken a mini-class that he had taught at Durham Academy a few years ago. He was an incredible talent and only 57 yrs old at the time of his death. Very sad. More news – University of St Louis has released its non-conference game schedule. I will be studying that closely and can’t wait to get the conference, home game schedule. Also need to start looking at the Chicago Bulls web site to see how JamesOn is doing. Tony Stewart won his first race in 20 races. I wasn’t home to watch any of it, but I am happy he won.

Sister #1 and I stood outside on the sidewalk talking to one of her classmates yesterday morning, joined by another who was driving by after eating breakfast at a local restaurant. It was a fun conversation. They talked about their upcoming 2009 40th High School Reunion…2010 will be mine. After talking on the corner, sister #1’s daughter joined us and we went to the local restaurant for lunch and were joined – unplanned – by our sister in law and her two daughters. My brother was working so the girls were out and about. Then we went for a little town tour by car, then to the creamery for ice cream, then sister #1 and her daughter headed back to the parents. I headed home. Felt a bit old when I saw Lady Bird’s GROWN grandson speaking at her burial… Finally saw Lynda Robb, Luci had been featured in some of the news, but no Lynda sighting until yesterday. Then I went for my “regular” walk that has not been regular of late. Then between the evening raindrops, I got a quick swim in at the town pool, then I fell asleep on the couch and went to bed at 7:30 p.m.!!! This weekend of family work me out!

This week will not be calm – lots of meetings today, boss back, new head on board for her first full week of on campus “fun”, vacation day/NYC day for me on Tuesday, back to work on Wednesday and my co-walking Connecticut favorite co-worker – have to change her reference to “CWCFCW” will be in Chicago and not around to walk with Tuesday through Friday. My goal is to go to the beach by myself on Saturday. “Can’t write unless I read” and I have not had reading time of late. Not a complaint, just a fact. Also have my “interview” for the town volunteer committee position on Wednesday, possible dinner with Dean of Studies on Thursday…have to count money at church on Sunday…I will be asking a lot of my beach day on Saturday as to “filling me up”.

Happy Monday…

No comments: