Friday, July 27, 2007

Should have made a list

I should have made a list last night! I had a list of thoughts to write about last night, but now my mind is wandering. Good show on Public TV with Katharine Hepburn talking about her early life in my home state. She was an incredible person from her birth!

Yesterday went well with our “staff audit” at work. We will see where all this “thinking” gets us. Thinking can be a very dangerous thing sometimes…

The end of the day was perfect – I went to my co-worker’s son’s swim meet and he brought their club record for the 50 breast stroke. It was fun being there. Their country club is beautiful (it was mentioned in Katharine Hepburn’s show also!). I called my mother on my way home after the meet last night and asked her why my grandfather did not join – “the depression” – was her response. My great grandfather had a manufacturing plant in Hartford that made a piece for the Colt 45 and my grandfather – post depression, when I knew him – was the General Manager of the Statler Hilton. The “first family” – sister #1, me and sister #3 have a memory bank of being involved in events there – fashion shows, Shirley Temples at the bar, meeting celebrities who were in Hartford. I remember Troy Donahue and Connie Stevens. But too bad about no Hartford Country Club.

Speaking of the depression, I am not feeling too good about my stock market performance yesterday. Might be rocky for awhile…

I don’t know if I have shared that my new news watching is The News Hour – a much better approach to the evening news than the networks. I tuned in last night after the swim meet and my stop at the town pool for a dip. I “miracle gro’d” my plants last night after the news. Hope I did not over feed them. I am a bit short on buckets and pitchers, so my mixing and measuring is a bit challenged.

Rain is making me re-think my beach trip for tomorrow, but we will see. I am thinking many will stay away, so that might give me the incentive to go. I have lots of reading I want to do.

It is Friday! Have a great weekend.

No comments: