Thursday, July 05, 2007

Two Fridays = Two Mondays...


Not sure what walking is going to look like this a.m. I am thinking that the rain will stop in time. I walked over to my co-worker’s part time job to “remind” her that I would be waiting for her this morning. We will see. I also don’t know about the weather for an after work swim meet of another co-worker’s son (the baseball player swims, plays tennis and golf during the summer). I wish every family would revert back to lots less work and lots more family time in the summer. Work seems to win out over family in most cases. I did the same thing, but I keep thinking that the next group of parents would see where all that “dedication to work” got us with our personal lives and our children’s lives. The good news for me was I was put in a situation where work took a back seat when my son was in 7th grade, so I was more involved his last 6 years of school versus the first 6 – but the ripples of the first 6 years were/are still rippling on some levels.

I was happy - and interested - to hear from my son last night. He was working some holiday event. But he shared with me that his father’s brother was organizing a family event for his dad’s side of the family with Gramma and invited parties. This is coming from a brother who has been pretty removed from the family for a few – 15 – years. He invited my son, his father, Gramma and I don’t know who else is on the list, to go to the Grand Canyon in August…If my memory serves me, Gramma will be 89 in October of this year. (She was born in 1918, my dad 1920, my mother 1922) I guess she has always wanted to see the Grand Canyon. I told my son about the overhang the local Indian tribe built over the Grand Canyon – so there would be something new to see since he went there the summer of 2005. I hope he will go. I also guess my son has some good genes for a long life…his paternal grandfather died when he was close to or at 90 years old.

From Bird by Bird: “But when you open the closet door and let what was inside out, you can get a rush of liberation and even joy. If we believe in the Gnostic gospel of Thomas, Old Jesus said, “If you bring forth what is inside you, what you bring forth will save you. If you don’t bring forth what is inside you, what you bring forth can destroy you.””

On a blog I read, I read “Even Paris went to Jail” as it related to Bush and Libby. Even a phone number to call and leave your message of disagreement. Something happened to maybe help Gore keep his hat out of the ring if he was ever even considering it – Junior seems to have had a slip. After seeing bits of CSPAN yesterday, I can’t fathom how these candidates are going to keep this up for another year!

Sister #1 was scheduled to land in the US yesterday. The weather was not cooperating for the rooftop barbecue at sister #3’s house, but I am sure there were lots of festivities. This weekend – and my beach plan – looks like it will work weather wise.

Happy “Thursday/Monday”!

No comments: