Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunny Sunday!

80 degrees by tomorrow!!! "Remarkable" was the weather man's comment. I am loving it. I enjoyed my great weather day yesterday in a very uneventful way. It was a slow moving morning for the first time in a long time. Then into my parents for my birthday "party". Pizza and salad and a card with a dollar for each of my years - one good thing about getting old. I sat in their backyard and enjoyed the sun - reading the paper, Vanity Fair with Jack and Jackie on the cover, and began my November book club book which has hooked me already and reading it is my plan for the afternoon. In the "I am my father's daughter", my mother and I were wondering why it was taking so long for my father to get back from the pizza place, but when I requested 2 slices instead of his usual ration of 1 slice per person - he did the math and it was cheaper to get a small pizza than 4 slices by $2!! Certainly worth the wait!

After "the party", I came home to take a great walk. The trees are incredible. There is a completely red tree outside my apartment building and the view from up on the hill and along the river was breathtaking. And the sound of the drum circle in the background - can't beat it. (It has gotten more red, orange and yellow overnight as I look out my window this a.m.) Then on to church, then to the grand opening of a local Target! My birthday money was burning a hole in my pocket and I had a mailing with another $5 off coupon. As I said - I am my father's daughter...

Today I am going to watch my talking heads shows for the first time in a long time, then go in to see one of my co-worker's sons play in a soccer tournament game. Then I will take a long walk, then curl up with my book.

I have events every night this week and that is the good news. Cuba events on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Politics on Tuesday. Dance class on Thursday. Can't beat that line up.

I got some unsettling news yesterday from school - our music director's husband passed away. I am thinking he must be in his late 30's or early 40's. His daughter is a junior at our school. It might be a good thing that we have fall break this Monday and Tuesday to allow the campus to absorb what has happened. The music director is a beloved faculty member.

Sounds like mother wants to have Thanksgiving at her house, so I need to get going on that. Also thinking about a Dec 1 trip to NC. The Thanksgiving to New Year's time period is a minefield for me...but it is getting easier.

Have a great Sunday day!

No comments: