Monday, October 22, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Here is goes. I have not gone to work on my birthday for awhile. I usually take it off, but not this year. So Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was less eventful than Saturday, but it was a great day. I watched my shows; talked to a friend in St Louis - who is enjoying her move "home" also - and her son-in-law is from Colorado and her son lives in Boston, will make for an interesting next week; looked for my brother, but he was not on the desk at his real estate company which is downstairs and two or three steps away from my apartment; then into the soccer game - all the crowd talk was about the Red Sox (who came up big last night); then dropped off the bulletin from church at my parents - my father was washing and waxing his car and mother was making cookies and playing solitaire as she waiting for the baking cycles; then home for a walk; read my book; then I fell into watching my new "favorite" Sunday show - PortOCall - about all things boats. Very interesting local cable channel show. I only get the basic cable channels so novel programs catch my eye. I went to bed during Q&A...I was so relaxed that I just gave in to sleep.

I did not join in at the apartment building clean up day...they have to understand, that is why I love to rent not buy - besides being cheap; I do not enjoy the clipping and pruning and sweeping outside and window washing, and heavy cleaning inside.

Sister #5 bowed out of Thanksgiving. Now it is me, sister #4 and parents. We will be reaching out to SELECTED cousins to flesh out the crowd. I will put the word out to my son, but I do think he will be on the road by then.

Green Bay had a bye week, but Dallas and NE did well. Will be watching the results of the game tonight. I am pulling for Jacksonville.

Have a good Monday!

No comments: