Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cold, but clear Tuesday

Could be single digits when I walk out of my house today. Not a prospect I am excited about. My thermal underwear will get the nod. No inspiration today - think my brain cells are frozen.

I did get a call from my son last night as I was finishing up some stuff at work. He was having a "dinner party" at his house last night and at 6:30 p.m. he was calling me for the ingredients for chili so he could THEN go out and go grocery shopping...I went on line and think he got the information he needed. I guess he got my "flair" for entertaining from me!!! I did come home and found a little cookbook I got when we left Texas with all kinds of recipes. He will be getting that in his stocking this year. He is a good cook - he took all the culinary classes they had at Chapel Hill High School - but that preparation aspect could use some work.

Headed for the shower so I can thaw out, then get bundled up and go out and thaw out my car. First day of winter on Saturday...I don't know if I can take a whole season of cold. Last winter (my first in 30 years) "tricked" me that it really was not that cold in New England...but can't fight city hall or mother nature.

Have a warm Tuesday.

No comments: