Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Good news, bad news - off to NYC

Trying to gear up for a day in NYC. Meeting sister #5, niece #4 and a friend of hers at the New Haven Train Station and we will head on in. I could have stayed in bed all day, but I can take it easy the balance of the week with some time at work. I will get energized once I start mingling with the people in the city. We will head home after dinner. I need to see the tree in its full glory at Rockefeller Center.

Christmas Eve and Christmas happened. I only had one crying jag, so that is a VERY successful season for me. Ignorance is bliss for me about how my son lives his life, but I let myself think about it too much the last two days that we spent together. He stayed with me Sunday and Monday nights. He went back with his cousins last night instead of going back with me today so he did not have to get up at the crack of dawn. The plan is he will meet up with us today at some point. I feel guilty that I just go along with my life without checking in with him unless he reaches out...but he will be 25 in April, so I am thinking that makes sense on some level - even if only to protect myself from what I get all worked up about if I think about it too much.

Better get going so I can get to the train station on time to meet my party. Sister #5's birthday today.

No comments: