Sunday, December 23, 2007

Rainy not white day before Christmas Eve

Is supposed to be sunny and in the 40's on Christmas so I will take the rain today. It might shoot my plan to walk to Blue Back with my son, sister #3 and niece #2 tonight but we will see what they feel like doing. Mother is planning meatloaf and scalloped potatoes for that group and sister#5 and niece #4 might join us for dinner.

Yesterday I did not get too early of start, but I got my house cleaning done at the parents'; walked to Blue Back to cash in the "free gift" coupon I had gotten a couple of Saturdays ago. I had never heard of the store before, but it was a definite hit - Labrazel Home. I should have gone there for my secret santa gift...

I have the space heater going as we speak to pre-heat the apt for my son. I am lucky it is not going to be real cold while he is in town. I have been hearing the snow sliding off the roof all morning...I don't know how they measure the trajectory to make sure the snow does not land on any of the cars in the parking lot?

After the cleaning and pizza lunch with the folks, I headed back to school - not to work, but to walk. My plan was church at 5 and dinner at the dumpling place near school at 6:30 p.m. I did not have time to make it home and then hit all the other marks. This way I got to do everything I wanted to do. I did not check voicemail or email while I was there but I will be stopping by on the way to parents. I do need to pick up my food items for my salad contribution. Everyone else has quite a list but they do not press me. I hope they count the cleaning on my "tally".

I wrapped all my gifts yesterday morning and brought them in to put under the tree at my parents. I also stopped by the candy shop to check their "back room" that has a lot of handmade items and I bought 6 "We are Family" tokens - very rustic looking with a little house. Thought I would give those out before anyone starts hashing out the Christmas Eve plan "re-working" - which has siblings in opposite camps with me in the middle - my Libra tendency.

Great dinner as usual at the dumpling place near school. Met my neighbor. After dinner I returned a phone call to sister #5. She is going to put together a mixed six pack of beer for my son. He will enjoy that.

Checked the Iowa Energy web site to see how JamesOn Curry was doing. Looks like he got a great Christmas present - he got called up to the Bulls on Dec 17! I also checked the Billikens' site. They are on break until 12/29, but they have a two game winning season going.

Just turned the space heater off. I am sweating...guess my body is adjusted to the cold. But I feel confident that it will stay warm enough for my son. Trying to decide what to do this a.m. I just heard that Ron Paul will be the only guest on the Meet the Press show this morning. I think that will be worth hanging around for then I will head to the grocery store and the parents.

Keep the holiday peaceful!

No comments: