Thursday, December 20, 2007

Good party night!

Got some news that my writing has been a bit disjointed and perhaps repetitious...I guess my "all over the place" thinking of late is coming across loud and clear in my writing. And couple that with our school holiday party last night - improvement may not surface today! The party was great and the fact that there was sub flooring and no finished surfaces made for a very big and easy party place in the Head's new house. They are planning to move-in in February. It is a pretty space. I hope the spirit of the house will influence the Head's approach to life and her underlings. Her first, big challenge of the new year is to find a new Assistant. Her assistant quit a couple of weeks ago. I guess that is another job I am glad I did not get OR maybe she should have gone with me and my "lack of institutional knowledge" over someone who was brought up in the old Head's culture...but I am where I am supposed to be so all is well.

I did not bring my reading glasses to the party so when it came time for the "tea cup auction" (which I had never heard about) - I put my two "tickets" in for two gifts that I THOUGHT were both "spa" item packages. So when they told me I won, I was all excited BUT what I won was a throw blanket...I will not leave my glasses behind again. BUT it will make a great re-gift for our family/family friends' Christmas Eve Yankee Swap (I can't remember what we called the same concept in North Carolina, but I am sure it was not Yankee anything...)

Tonight is our department's party at our boss' house on campus. I have a lot to do before we get to party time. Lunch date outside of the office, 2 contract packages to put together for the two mid year applicants we accepted yesterday. There will be more mid years to come, but having only two that need to get out by tomorrow - makes it a good warm up for me and the big crunch in January and February.

I did a good job of clearing off the top of my car yesterday so I did not catch the eye of the law, but it was snowing when we left the party last night so I will have more clearing to do this morning. It was beautiful walking to my car. I have such a love/hate relationship with New England and its weather.

Well, better get going. No dining hall until Jan 6 so I have to figure out something to eat this morning. Luckily lunch and dinner are taken care of today. Tomorrow will be a strain for me...I am so spoiled. Have a good Thursday. (It feels like it has been "a Thursday" all week - I can't wait until the weekend is finally here.

No comments: