Friday, December 21, 2007

Another party night...

Our admissions office party last night, much calmer for me than Wednesday night. I walked down the hill to the boss' house and back up the hill after the festivities were over. It was snowing as I walked up the hill. The last two nights it was like the snow was on cue for when I was leaving holiday parties to reinforce the festivities.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/ Found about this writing web site from my former co-worker, now subsistence farmer lunch mate yesterday. Her daughter participated in one of their events in November. I am putting it on my list for next year. My snow-globes were a big hit as my party favors at lunch. The FCNSF gave homemade beeswax candles as her favors. I love those candles. Don't think my secret santa present at the party last night was a hit...It seemed "fun" when I bought it on Saturday. Oh well. I hate those Yankee Swap deals.

Today it will be a skeleton crew at work. I need to get a couple of contracts out to mid year new students today and have a meeting with the Controller at 8:30 a.m. so I better get going so I can get all my info together for that meeting.

Got a great family picture/Christmas card from a NC friend. I love her and her family. Also got a phone call from another NC friend before I headed out for the party. Not sure if I love his family, but I sure do love him...

Lots of "love or hate" feelings today. Holidays have me see-sawing back and forth - very little moderation at this time of year.

Have a good Friday - this week is FINALLY OVER. I was beginning to doubt that reality was going to happen!

No comments: