Monday, December 03, 2007

Waiting for the weather to come

Sunday was a "get ready" day. I did not get going until after the FOX pre-game show, but after that I headed out for a walk and everyone who had a truck was putting on the plow and getting all the materials ready for a winter storm. The town trucks were out putting down "treatment" to help the roads repel the ice and sleet. Of course the stores were full with bread and milk buyers. I was buying ginger ale, applesauce and bananas so I moved through quickly. So once I finished my walk and store stop, I headed to the office.

I am glad I did. Even though the boss is in California, it looks like she had a minute to do a couple of emails. We have a full day of appointments today - which with the weather could change as soon as I get into the office this morning. I worked for awhile and then was trying to decide whether I would wait for the dining hall to open at 5:30 p.m. or head to the dumpling place down the street. The dumpling place won. I had a relaxing dinner then headed home in time to watch the end of the Giants' game! And a bit of the BCS selection show, but I had to switch over to Q&A for John Micklethwait - Editor of The Economist. Interesting show. More for how different Europeans look at/describe the world than Americans.

Good night's sleep and now I am deciding how long to wait until I go down to scrap my car...I can see the town trucks going up and down the road, so I am thinking that as long as I get out of the parking lot I will be fine.

No comments: