Saturday, April 13, 2024

Closing in on end of Jobs book

Isaacson has done an incredible job introducing me to Jobs and Musk in a way I would never have discovered.  It reinforces how "out of it" I am on all the technology but reinforces my thoughts that to be genius has connective tissue to living on the edge of so many aspects of life - physically, emotionally or spiritually.  Jobs early death - what else would have come from his mind.  

So outside of reading, soggy turned to swoggy (sweaty + soggy) walk, listened to half of All-In (finishing now).  Great pics from son from Lindos on the island of Rhodes.  That will be where he spends his birthday.  I was giddy about a lower electric bill...but then I realize I was away for 7 days.  Oh well.  

Was writing to a DC friend in CA about a presentation he sent me that his wife gave about awe.  It led me to a Willie Nelson song - Energy Follows Thought.  Never heard it before.  Shared the following with him.  

"When I think of goosebump moments - being at a Mike Scott's no hitter baseball game in Houston in 1986 with my 3 year old son who was AWOL from Southampton Montessori, Duke/UNC basketball game in a packed Cameron Indoor Stadium (collective effervescence on those two), being in the Sacred Valley in Peru, being at Foz do Iguaçu in Brazil, looking at the pictures my son is sending me from his European travels - the colosseum lit up at night, the inside of a grand cathedral, my walk by the reservoir when there is a rainbow created by the spray off the falls or in winter when the spray is freezing in mid air, double rainbow my son and I saw as we drove to his graduation ceremony...don't get me going on rainbows sightings with my son :)  Music is a new awe wellspring for me because of that pesky group in Lansing who you encourage.  :)"

Today -walk to Shoppes.  Finish Jobs. Thinking of pictures I have seen lately of Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood...how can they be in their 90's!  And downtown in our state capitol today - UCONN parade, Home Show, and Yard Goats game...should be interesting for people heading in - not me.  

The bolder the decisions you make this weekend the more likely it is they will be the correct decisions. That’s because when you don’t give yourself too much time to think your subconscious kicks in and does the thinking for you – and it’s usually right!

You could be invited on a last-minute adventure today, Libra. By all means, seize the chance! You're certainly ready for a change, and this opportunity could turn out to be just what you've been hoping for. Adventure calls, and whether it's a journey or a lecture, you'll find it enlarges your world in just the way you'd hoped. Today promises to be stimulating as well as fun. Enjoy it!

The Gemini moon aligns with ethereal Neptune this morning, dear Libra, cultivating a dreamy energy that could cause you to oversleep or forget important engagements. You'll have a chance to recalibrate and reclaim order once Luna migrates into Cancer, especially when you set your sights on long-term goals and establishing healthy structures. This luminary placement also encourages healthy boundaries, asking you to find a reasonable balance within your private life and quest for achievement. You may feel vulnerable later today when the moon and Pluto form an unbalanced connection, making it important that you keep a tight circle.

Bold, Stimulating, Tight Circle.  I will keep all in mind as I move through the day.  Have a good Saturday.  

No comments: