Thursday, April 18, 2024

Thursday - where did the week go?

For someone who does not do much, this week has flown by for me.  Not sure what drew me to this pic this a.m. Jingle skirts - alone the jingle bells make no noise, but when lots are sewn to the dress and there is movement...beautiful, healing sound.  I was looking for healing sounds yesterday.  EOLD discussion overwhelmed me as to it takes to get people to do what I would want at EOL...  I had a parallel feeling as I read email about Google changes, Comcast changes - I feel my grasp on life is moving me to the "outer bands" of what is reality.  Hmmm...  Had to smile when I just saw an email pop in to my inbox from

Daily Stoic - This is "how to capture the magic".  :)  "A book of reminders written to make the reader humble, patient, empathetic, generous, and strong in the face of whatever the world throws at them. It’s written in a straightforward and accessible style without any complex philosophical jargon. Unlike most books, there’s no pretense, no performance, no intent to impress an audience."   Turning back the clock feels right some days.  :)   Cost and content of life give me pause.

Yesterday - Cleaned apartment, walk with family friend and grandson.  Got "hired" for next Thursday to watch grandson so family friend can get her haircut.  :)  EOLD discussion.  Picked up new book on my walk - Einstein by Isaacson.  Finished Grippando.  Will not dip back into that well again.  Started Einstein this a.m.  Great pictures from son.  Lindos is quite the place.  Looks like beard is gone and now fu manchu.  Not the European remake I had thought might come over him but a start... We will see what look he brings to his cousin's wedding in Sept :)

Today - NY DC tonight.  Walk - in the rain?  Listening to PIVOT as we speak.  Next a another Housel interview.  

The more you have done for other people in recent weeks the more other people will do for you now. Your attempts to play down differences and bring people together have been favorably noted both by loved ones and people in positions of power.

Your popularity spikes when the Aries sun and Leo moon share a sweet connection early this morning, dear Libra, helping you stand out while attracting admiration. However, the limelight will seem less desirable once Luna enters Virgo, putting you in a profound and private mood. Use this energy to fully explore your own psyche, finding tidy homes for the many thoughts, ideas, and goals that flutter through the mind each day. You'll feel elated when Venus, your planetary ruler, aligns with Mercury retrograde later today, helping you make peace with any past disappointments you've carried for too long.

Use the power of words as an artistic medium to express yourself, Libra. You have a magic way with words that often goes unrecognized. Your sensual nature is poetic. You shouldn't deprive others of this talent, so show it off to the world. Perhaps you're moved to write a love poem to a partner who means a great deal to you. As trite as this may sound, it's actually very romantic.

"Finding tidy homes for the many thoughts, ideas, and goals that flutter through the mind each day."  Tidy and my thoughts...not a usual pairing.  I will try to guide myself in that direction.  Have a good Thursday.  

No comments: