Thursday, August 08, 2024

August 8 - never knew it has such meaning.

What is the meaning of 8/8? In the Sacred Mayan Calendar, 8/8 marks the beginning of a 13-day period dedicated to Q'Anil, which honors the power of the seeds of life in the cycle of life, death, and rebirth. On 8/8/24, the Completed Life Initiative invites you to celebrate the cycles of life, death, and rebirth through rhythmic drumming music and shared cacao.  I thought it was just an old boss' birthday and the day back in  8/8/88 that we opened a new office for the company I worked for in Houston, TX.  :)  Wearing the dress I still have - and fit into - in my closet.  :)

Back to yesterday - COLDER swim yesterday and nobody in the pool except me.  3 lifeguard "shifts" 10 min, and 2-20 mins.  3 shifts on Sat and Sun is an hour - not that I time everything.  :)  I had the heater on for my ride home post swim.  So yesterday cleaned apt, umbrella walk with family friend.  First umbrella walk for her.  Walking in the rain had not been her thing in the past.  "Not bad" was her comment at the end.  Then EOLD discussion at noon.  Then I headed to the pool and my landlord came in and broke into the wall in the bathroom looking for a leak in the heating pipe that runs from his 3rd floor apartment down to the basement.  Good news for me, the leak is above me - JUST but the fix will be in his wife's bathroom.  Phew.  No busting out wall in my bathroom.  They have multiple bathrooms in their "penthouse apt" unlike my one.  So I got home from pool and he was done in my apt.  To offset the "inconvenience", landlady delivered spaghetti and meatballs and salad for dinner.  But I had already had meal #2 by the time of delivery so I am very excited about my meal #2 today!!!   I am a huge spaghetti and meatballs fan.  

Today  9 a.m. talk with doula, walk, swim.  Sent boss happy birthday message.  Dropped off Allende book at library on way to pool yesterday.  Started The Dictionary of Lost Words this a.m   Love it already.  Especially this line.  Speaking of the mother of one of the main characters who died in childbirth - between daughter and her "aunt" - "And then I was born and then she died."  "Yes."  "But when we talk about her, she comes to life." "Never forget that, Esme. Words are our tools of resurrection."  Reminds me of a line from the obit I wrote for myself.  Keep me in your thoughts and words.  As I have heard - “I mean, they say you die twice. One time when you stop breathing and a second time, a bit later on, when somebody says your name for the last time.”.  I will hope that you will find it in your hearts and minds to create some time through your words and recollections between today and my second death. 

You know I love that when "worlds collide" moments "word worlds collide".  :)  

Try not to pay too much attention to what is going on around you today because if you focus on what other people are saying and doing you will be easily distracted. You have an important task to take care of, so pretend you can’t see or hear them.

A letter or call could arrive today bringing upsetting news about money, Libra. Your first reaction might be to blame yourself or someone else, but the circumstances are probably beyond anyone's control. Chances are it can be set right. Before anyone gets too upset, it's best to investigate and find out what needs to be done. It might take some effort, but all will be well.

Give your body extra time to wake up this morning, dearest Libra, as the Virgo moon faces off with Neptune before entering your sign. Themes around self-acceptance also come into play as the stars urge you to celebrate yourself. Luckily, you'll find it easy to appreciate the qualities that make you unique when you are true to yourself. Reconnect with the past when Luna cozies up with the South Node this evening, especially if you've had a difficult time making headway within matters of the heart. Choose to let go of romantic grievances or patterns that have held you back to make the most of these vibes.

Hmmm....day ahead might be interesting?  I will try to lean into the "celebrate yourself".  Keep a good thought for that.  Have a good Thursday.  


No comments: