Friday, August 16, 2024

Writing day

Sister #4 wanted "proof of life" from sister #1.  :)  She is very suspect of cruise life.  Looks like it is not swimming weather on their trip.  

Lots of writing yesterday - 8 and a bit pages of handwritten notes for something I was directed to work on by doula.  And family friend asked me to edit an article she is writing for her church newsletter.  Word count might be a problem, but what else is new with me. Will see what she thought of it when I go up to their house tonight for dinner.  It is Lobsterfest.  I am going to stop at Shoprite on my way to get some hotdog rolls and Klondike bars.  Maybe someone else besides me would like to make a hot lobster roll.  

Heard from sister #6.  She was with my TX friend's sister and brother in Falmouth MA.  Friend's sister was sister #6's classmate.  Brother was sister #4's classmate.  TX friend's family - 8 kids, we had 6. 

Wrote, walked for 3 hours, pool where I swam with landlord's first wife, home, reworked family friend's piece and sent that to her.  PD buddy did his elderly check.  Last step in the process over for his moving to another town to work.  Hope he hears soon.  Fingers crossed.  

Today - type up my handwritten notes from yesterday.  Listening to the recording of Wed night Board of Selectmen meeting.  I am curious about the speed camera proposal...glad it has not been in place during swimming season.  I am not a speed demon but I never drive 25 MPH on the stretch of the discussed road.  :)  4 day work week?  :/  Good that wasn't being discussed when I was at the PD.  I am sure I would have more "grievances" filed when I went to work "off hours".  :)  Walk.  Swim.  Shoprite.  Lobster dinner.  

Take time out of your busy schedule to look ahead and envisage where you would most like to be a month or two from now. You won’t be able to start on your journey immediately but you can at least lay the groundwork for later on.

Today may find you in the mood for an adventure or a visit if possible, Libra. When was the last time you took a day for something like this? It's probably been too long. Not only will you enjoy it, but others will be thrilled to spend time with you, too. Whether you invite a friend along or go alone, seize the opportunity to visit people or see someplace new.

You'll be reminded of your emotional strength and overall resilience, dearest Libra, as the moon continues its journey through Capricorn and your solar fourth house. Honor your feelings while maintaining a pragmatic disposition to make the right decisions for yourself and your family. Take a few moments for yourself when Venus activates this afternoon, encouraging you to microdose self-care if you don't have time to fully relax and self-soothe. You'll want to focus more heavily on releasing stress and enjoying some downtime when evening sets in and Luna aspects Saturn, bringing a restorative energy to your space.

Will see where the day gets me.  Ending with lobster.  :)  Have a good Friday.  


No comments: