Thursday, August 15, 2024

Noodle and high seas :)

While sister #1 is sailing the high seas around Alaska, I risked life and limb in my aqua fitness class when my pool noodle SHOT out of the water and hit me directly in the right eye.  I was afraid to open my eyes this a.m. in case I had been blinded...but all is well.  Exercise is treacherous.  :)  

Does look beautiful in the pics sister sent, but I am not drawn to any travel right now except North Carolina but can't even pull the trigger on a cheap BREEZE ticket...  

Felt a sense of relief when the electric bill arrived yesterday.  A couple of dollars less than last month.  People had been sharing that their bills had increased by double digits.  BUT I woke up this a.m. to my car insurance renewal...I wish I had been blinded by the pool noodle so I would not have to see that.  Oh well.  It is hard for me to see the "good news" about inflation coming down, when I feel lots of inflation as I go through my day.  I will let it all settle in today to see if there is action I need to take to pare that bill down or just - my usual - bite the bullet.  I do hate that when I do that, but I am out of fight.  

Yesterday - cleaned apt, went on walk with family friend, made date to join her family for the lobster dinner at their house on Friday.  Local fire department (one of 3 in our small town - don't get me going on that) had a lobster festival each year and friend's husband provides a lot for overflow parking and gets a bunch of free lobster dinners in exchange and I am a beneficiary of that bounty.  Post walk - swim and then later aqua fitness.  One more class next Wednesday and then the pool shuts for the season on Aug 25.  That will call on a recalibration of my day sans swimming.  

Today - extend-o walk, swim.  Hope to hear how PD buddy did with his final round of interviews for his new job.  Fingers crossed that he gets the offer he wants.  

Unexpected feelings of anxiety will plague you today and make you believe the world is against you. Keep telling yourself there is no evidence for that and even if the worst were to happen it would not put more than a minor dent in your ambitions.

Double-check your to-do lists and avoid investing too heavily in social media conversations, dearest Libra, as the Sagittarius moon aligns with Mercury retrograde and Neptune. Find ways to connect with the people right in front of you while the sun and Chiron align, offering a sense of support when you lean into friendship and love. A wave of nostalgia finds you when Luna migrates into Capricorn, though it may be necessary to do some personal reparenting. Take a spiritual approach to your health and wellness goals when Mars and Saturn square off tonight, focusing on routines that are sustainable.

Today should go well for you, Libra. Expect to feel a renewed energy and fresher perspective, especially concerning anything work related. Make the most of this by finishing projects that have been stalled or organizing your desk or closets. Feel confident that you can handle any task quickly. When everything is taken care of, make plans for a little recreation. You deserve it.

Anxiety and renewed energy and fresher perspective...will try and work with the energies of the day. :)  Have a good Thursday.  

 

 

No comments: