Thursday, July 23, 2026

Distracted by shining objects this a.m. :)

Got an update overnight from The Cheryl Hauser Effect work.  Thaddeus Pope and mention of a new "place" The Bardo Hospice in MN.  Since I spent the evening yesterday with CLI "Sanctuary" creator.  Got me looking at the new documentary trailer.  I sent it out to 4 people I thought might be interested in the update.  Lots of talk about "place" at time of death.  

But back to yesterday's recap and plan for day ahead.  Yesterday was a full day to say the least.  8 a.m. appt for annual oil change set "start time" for the day.  But since I did not go to Shoprite to shop this week and had one plastic gingerale bottle...a stop at Shoprite can room on way to oil change.  Done.  Down the road just a bit to the oil change place.  Small world is that the owner is the husband of a lady I met in 2006 at former school #2.  Talked NASCAR racing with the guy behind the counter who is on his way down to Daytona for a race.  He was impressed that I had been to Bristol Speedway - he had not.  My was a drive-by back in the day when son was on AAU baseball team in high school.  Owner came out and said - no need for the annual oil change.  He did top things off and check air in tires.  He confirmed the "hospice" status of my car.  I said "find me a car with roll up windows and we can talk" about replacing the MAZDA.  But feel good about making this connection with a non-FAST LANE car option now that I do not know anybody at Fastlane and am sad they did not send up a red flag when I first started going to them about the rust...oh well.  I bought my roll up windows 2007 MAZDA in May 2008 with 3 miles on the odometer.  :)  So pick up my dime for the plastic bottle, no charge for my top off and check tire pressure, so I decided that I would fill up my gas tank.  Did not want to do it before the oil change stop in case they found something that would move the car from hospice to life ending.  :)  So I took a spin to Go Happy Gas in Farmington.  Then EOLD.  Good discussion about VSED.  Then...without checking weather report...I headed out to pool.  Son called and we talked as I walked to the pool.  I felt strong after my morning activity so I finally asked him about the picture two of his aunts saw of a tree falling...on to his car?  Yup.  But I am happy that in the mode of "don't share the problem, share the solution".  He walked me through the solution he and his father came up with!!!  Love it.  Mechanically sound car, working on the appearance.  :)  Son was off to an Kresge Gilda award ceremony for one of his buddies.  Vaughn Taormina, Animation  Also talked about a company son hopes to be a part of their Detroit presence.  https://www.cosm.com/  

So arrived at pool post chatting with son.  Got in pool.  No swimming ladies there.  So just did my thing minutes away from completing my "routine"...and then it started to rain - downpour - and I could have just hung out in the pool since no thunder, BUT I knew I had left all my windows open.  So I thought I better hustle home.  Soaked to the bone to arrive home to find out that the microburst did not hit my apt.  :/  Oh well.  It was an energetic hustle home.  Sneakers are on the window sill.  I will hope dry and ready to go for walk today.  So got home.  Meal #2.  GA DC at 7 p.m.  Good discussion about the process of the speaker's trip to Switzerland for her step mother's death and the project that has led to to build The Sanctuary in Vermont.  "Place".  Supported place for people to die.  Seems to be a thing of late.  A bit of aging with privilege but I feel the conversation is moving in the right direction as to supportive and peaceful departures.  

Today - NOTHING on my paper calendar!  Weather looks perfect.  I will do my walk.  Walk to and from pool.  Cat sitting doesn't start until tomorrow afternoon.  SIGH.  5:38 a.m. already.  :)

Someone who has been emotionally volatile of late will suddenly become calm and reasonable again and although you might find it hard to trust them you should do so because their conversion is genuine. They just lost their mind for a while.

Avoid social hierarchies that have grown toxic or intensely competitive, darling Libra. As the Leo Sun and Chiron square off, those in pain will look for opportunities to hurt others. Drama that erupts is likely a byproduct of someone else's issues, but it's not your responsibility to heal people who won't help themselves. Enjoy slow moments and indulge within reason as the Scorpio Moon drifts in a void-of-course state. Professional red tape will be easier to cut through after Mercury stations direct. You'll perk up once evening sets in, and Luna enters Sagittarius. Aspects with the Nodes of Fate and Sun bring levity to dynamics that felt heavy earlier this morning. 

Don't second-guess yourself today, Libra. It could be that you're wavering so much about a decision that even after you make it, you hesitate to follow through with it. Once you make up your mind about something, stick with it. Have confidence in your own mental process. Once you begin to waver, it may be difficult to find the assurance that you need since you'll inevitably slide down the slippery slope of self-doubt.

Tolerance, patience, confidence in my thinking...I will keep that front of mind.  Have a good Thursday.  


No comments: