Tuesday, August 11, 2026

My walking "look"

Forgot to report a deet from Sunday.  When walking home from the pool, I look at bit...disheveled.  I come out of the pool, chat with the ladies, and head home.  Cover up over my bathing suit, no comb touches hairdo...  So on Sunday a very kind man drove by and then turned around and pulled over and gave me an ice cold juice box.  Not sure what the words were, but the face shared his concern for my welfare... :)  Good the season is almost over.  Maybe next year I will address my "look".  The "elderly, disheveled, and possibly disoriented" call in to the police dept when someone saw me on the rails to trails following a shoveling day a couple of winters ago...  Would love to be able to "pick up" the thoughts of people walking by.  Many stop to say "I see you everywhere".  "Weather never stops you".  :)  But this man with an accent that made it hard for me to catch any words.  Did give me pause but also showed me the kindness of strangers.  

Niece #4 passed her nursing exam yesterday!  Makes moving through the next few months easier.  Congratulated her and the nurse's mother, sister #6.  Sister #1 got an offer from my landlord/landlady to stay at their house when she is here this weekend.  :)  They will miss the gathering of the Class of '69.  Sister #1 snatched that offer up post haste.  AC is in operation upstairs.  :)

So yesterday - ran load of wash, walk, ALDI $23.60/11 item day, walked to/from pool with stop at library on the way up to drop of Silva and thought I was going to pick up book, but nothing caught my eye so on to pool.  Came home to no TV/internet.  Had just paid my COMCAST bill that morning $120.35...so I knew they knew I was still wanting it.  :)  Came back on before I went to bed.  I had gone into a Plan B if for some reason it did not come back up - town library or now that I am writing this - LaSalle Market...  No smartphone so no internet to laptop is a bit more crucial to me than most people these days.  But all set as we speak at 4:13 a.m. 

Today - run dishwasher, family friend reached out yesterday to ask for walk today not Wed.  Fine with me.  She is going with daughter and her boys to Legoland on Wednesday...  Balance of today - CA DC, SD DC, and if I can stay awake - 8-9 pm - "Welcome to the Death Sangha - Deepening presence, connection and our capacity to live with greater intention and care".  Will see if my energy draws me there.

If you are invited to join a group of people whose ideals are similar to your own you must not hesitate for even a second. Together you will be able to do things that you could not possibly do alone - maybe even change the world.

You're on track to reach major milestones throughout the coming weeks, dearest Libra. Keep your eye on the prize while watching out for bonus opportunities as Mars moves through Cancer and the sector of your chart that governs success. Networking plays a vital role in your rise to fame as Luna debuts in Leo, uniting with Jupiter to help you make auspicious connections this evening. Work on yourself to drown out the noise of haters when Mercury aspects Pluto and Neptune. Developing skills and expanding your interests is a great place to start. Make a wish once Venus and Uranus align tonight, putting the universe in a playful and generous mood.

 If possible, a social event could take place today involving a small number of friends you may not have seen for a long time, Libra. You'll feel good about catching up and meeting exciting new people, too. Interesting information could come your way. Someone might be upset about something and want a shoulder to cry on. But this should be mostly a happy and gratifying day for you. Enjoy.

Keeping good thoughts for the day ahead.  Have a good Tuesday.  



No comments: