Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dan Rather


Plans for tonight have changed but it worked well for my next week's plans. My alma mater is having Dan Rather as a speaker next Wednesday and I have requested tickets. My dinner date for tonight had to cancel, but she would love to go with me to the lecture next Wednesday and then go out to dinner after. I usually always go to these types of events myself, so it will be fun to have company. And it also "worked" because I can move my hair cut appointment to tonight, do my dance class at school on Thursday night, then dinner with former co-workers on Friday. We are including "the new me" in our group, so I will see how she is doing in my old job. Should be fun. And I am dying to have my shells and meatballs at Casille's! Hope no weather or anything else keeps it from happening this week. Saturday will be basketball. Sunday I am on the schedule to count money at church.
Talked with my cousin last night on my walk. She is a first grade teacher and had a student die last week. Was in her classroom doing work on the board and 40 minutes later he was dead. He had a pacemaker and it failed. It was incredible how involved she was in the process at school and at the funeral.
Time for breakfast.

No comments: