Saturday, March 03, 2007

Family Weekend



Not that this is what my cake project will look like, but I am off to the parents' this morning to whip up a cake for sister #1's birthday party on Sunday. Mother has already made oatmeal cookies since now everyone seems to like oatmeal cookies since I brought up the topic last weekend. I don't want to spend all day inside as it is going to be in the 50's today! March keeps you on your toes in New England. If the rain had been snow yesterday - it would have been 20-30 inches! Yikes! Flooding was an issue in some spots especially along the coastline.

Yesterday was another full day at work. I love being busy. We have candidate #3 on Monday. We will see if the 3rd one is the charm. I am hearing that "door #1" is the front runner to date. I am so excited about the next phase of the school's life - but a lot rides on the next "leader".

Post office is my first stop this morning - Peace Corps brochures for one friend in NC, a thank you note to a couple who had me over for dinner when I was in NC, and a book to a 6 yr old friend in NC - the South Africa book program book arrived and I need to buy some $.01 stamps. I am trying to use up an enormous stock of out of date stamp amount stamps that one of my predecessors purchased at work. I am a bit appalled at the amount of paper mail our department sends out in this day and time, but I think it has been awhile since there has been someone in my leader's position that had the setting in which to do some big picture thinking. I think my current leader is a bit "up to her eyeballs in alligators" after her first 6 months - I am still trying to decide whether she is not right for the job or if I just do not understand what the Development business is about - but if "friend-raising" is the new buzz word or relationship building is key...we might need to throw the cards in to the air and start over again. But that is me - less than 30 days off of my probation period.

Well - off to my cooking and cleaning at the parents with post office and grocery store on the way. Then a LONG walk to take advantage of the great weather!

No comments: