Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rabbitt, rabbitt



Rabbit, rabbit started my day - first day of the month. So good thoughts for the month ahead...even though my "freewill" advises me to take the reins rather than waiting for a cosmic intervention from above - "I hate that!"

Had a fun night last night at a reception at Trinity College for Peace Corps. Very interesting group of people and a VERY enthusiastic young man who is leaving for his assignment in Bolivia in May. A couple of people had just gotten back from very memorable/moving trips back to the country and town they worked in during their Peace Corps years. Very energizing night for me. Thought this picture spoke to what I think everyone should do for at least one year after they graduate from high school - and it could be just going to another state within the US - just some challenge or trip that takes people out of their comfort zone and pushes their personal limits and expands their expectations of what they can do with their lives.

We had our Memorial Chapel at school yesterday. I would give it a 5 on a scale of 10. But now that I know what the event "looks like" I will approach it a bit differently next time. But my boss was so in the middle of other "fires" that my moving through life did not even make a ripple in her pond. I think I am seeing why my boss has never had an assistant before, but that is just the challenge I need to make my day!

Candidate #2 for Head of School will be on campus today. Our staff has the 5:15-5:45 time slot. It will be helpful for me to have someone/something to compare #1 to get a better feel for what a person applying for this position looks like.

I have not gotten any RSVP's from other siblings as to dinner on Sunday...I guess they are worried that mother or I will be "the chef" - not something that would encourage any long drives home. I better check with mother to see if she has heard from anyone.

Think I will get an early start to work yesterday. I did reward myself with a donut at the dining hall yesterday morning after I finished a project before anyone else got to the office. I will stay away from the breakfast bar this a.m. and have my cereal and banana here before I leave the house.

Have a good day.

No comments: