Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring is here - and not a minute too soon!



Daffodils are definitely a happy symbol for me at this time of the year. My mother had them all over the house last weekend but after yesterday, I am believing that winter is over. But with that said I have taxes to finish up, brackets to do, work issues to present to the powers that be to see what I can negotiate for next year at school - but along with lots of activity, luckily Spring brings lots of energy too.

Good book club last night - The Glass Castle was our book. Hard book to read because it was so painful to see what the author's family went through as she grew up, but it was also a message that one can take control of their own life and make it work. One of the book club attendees was a classmate of sister #1 and the sister of one of my classmates. Still strange - even after a year of being "home" - when the past hits me unexpectedly.

Had a great talk with sister #3 last night. She shared that she had run into my son at work and gave him some "slippage" to cover his social obligations with out of town friends who were in NYC for a visit. The "slippage" term comes from when our father's aunts and uncles would take us aside and "slip" us some money when we went to visit them - thinking that our parents did not know what was going on. Our great aunts and uncles did not believe in banks and we were the benefactors! My son does not have the benefit of having relatives with as deep pockets, but he is fortunate that sister #3 is his local relative.

Can't even begin to "de-brief" our morning staff meeting yesterday...my boss is truly a "Ripley's Believe or Not" candidate. But she is in Florida for the week working the horse crowd so we will see if she is more successful on the road.

Have a great Tuesday.

No comments: