Sunday, April 01, 2007

Palm Sunday and April Fools - strange day



April 1, 2007 -- What you make for yourself this week will give you infinitely more enjoyment than what is made for you by other people. There is a creative side to the Libran nature that does not always see the light of day but something you do with your head or your hands around the time that Mars changes signs on Friday will surprise a few people, and one of them will be you.


Freewill:

Your assignment is to precisely identify every last one of your complexes, syndromes, and maladies. Towards that end, buy a copy of the 943-page book Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and read it from beginning to end. APRIL FOOL! Don't you know me any better than that? I would NEVER encourage you to obsess on your pain. Here's your real horoscope: Start writing your own version of the book How We Choose to Be Happy: The 9 Choices of Extremely Happy People. It's high time you learned how to work your ass off to feel really good.



Wow, Palm Sunday and April Fools - it was an interesting day. I went to church last night and got my palm. This morning I went back to church for my "count the money" Sunday. It was a rough initiation - Palm Sunday, Easter Flower offering, first Sunday of the month second collection for Lawn Care...it wouldn't stop. My co-counters said it was the longest counting day ever! I guess it was just beginner's luck!

But the rest of the day was very peaceful. I went on my walk, had a "coincidental" meeting with the Dean of Studies...she was driving to get bird seed at the Feed Store and I was walking down the road. She said to check my calendar and make a plan to go out to dinner. I am wondering if I am putting too much attention to work potentials and not enough to writing and making my living outside of the normal work sphere. Conflicted again - but it just feels so exciting/right.

And talking about exciting and "right" - Just checked my brackets and I am finally beating the 7th grader from West Hartford! (Could I be more pathetic?!) I am tied for 399th place, he is tied for 1820th place. Tomorrow will be a fun night.

Spoke to an old college classmate today. She is off to Florida with her husband to see her sons for her school Spring Break so I will have to make another plan to go down and visit her and sit on the deck of a great restaurant right on Long Island Sound in her town. I was hoping to make it this month, but I will have to wait until after Easter and her vacation.

Tuesday we have off site computer training all day, Wednesday is Dan Rather lecture at Central and dinner after with a former co-worker, Thursday is DANCE CLASS (I hope they will let me back in) and Friday I better get involved in helping sister #4 and #5 get organized for Easter dinner. I am given the only "assignment" they trust me with - salad and rolls. We are having a very un-normal gathering of just me, my parents, #4, #5 and #5's daughter at sister #4's house. It has been MANY years since my parents have even been to her house and we have never had a get together there. She is very good about compartmentalizing her life - family does not normally cross the CT/RI line. The good news is I hope it will be sunny so we can go to the beach and walk. She lives close to Watch Hill RI - a completely beautiful place. I don't think it will be warm, I just hope for sun.

I will be curious to see what the ripples are for my putting my hat in the ring for the Assistant to the Head of School position...I have a feeling that someone has already been "anointed", but it should still be interesting to see how it plays out.

Have a great week!!!





No comments: