Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sunny Saturday, but with pensive thrown in

The weather is definitely improving. Windows wide open. But I cannot go through the weekend without reflecting a bit on Virginia Tech. On my walk last night I ran into a person I used to work with and she is a VT alum. They are having a state alumni get together tomorrow. Her husband thought the fact that she just had a baby 5 weeks ago would keep her from going, but as she said - "I have to go". There is not only the tragedy of the killings, but - in my mind - the loneliness and despair of so many people. I hope people will pay a bit more attention now to their friends and family.

I did not have dinner last night at Green Papaya - friend from Boston decided to head home instead of spending the night, my next door neighbor called to say that she might have been able to stay awake during dinner, but definitely not the concert. So I came home after work, had a great sunny walk, then went to the school's Spring Concert. I am glad I went. It was a great way to end the week. I then came home to clean a bit -I had "stashed" a few things out of the way in preparation for a possible overnight guest, so I got to really straighten things up since she decided not to spend the night.

Have to be back at school at noon today to take minutes at the Board of Trustees' meeting so I decided to do my wash this a.m. "on site" instead of going in to my parents. Not too many (if any) of my apartment building residents who are up at 6 a.m. to do the wash so I don't have to jockey for washers or dryers. After school MY PLAN is to take a walk, go to church and then decide whether I head to a friend's house tonight or tomorrow for the walk we are doing tomorrow a.m. Right now my energy is leading me to drive down tonight, but we will see. Luckily my friend can live with my last minute decision whichever way it goes.

Wrote some birthday postcards this a.m. I have 3 friends and my son all in the same week. Guess that is a good "sign" for me. I took next Friday off and will head to Brooklyn on Friday. That way my son can decide if he wants a 3 meal or 2 meal weekend plan. He and I live at different ends of the day, so breakfast is never included and sometimes dinner is the only time we are both awake at the same time. We will see.

Have a great weekend. It is feeling very right to me!

No comments: