Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Computer Tuesday and random thoughts


Between having Friday off last week and my reading weekend and all day computer training on Tuesday - this week just does not seem to be "normal". We got a late start toward training yesterday. My meeting went long with the new head, the front desk person was not able to respond to the note I left her to knock on the door at 7:55 a.m. so I could be outside waiting for my ride, and my boss was late for her meeting...what is new...so as I ran out of the building at 8:07, she was just coming across the street. Nothing worked for me to be on time - I guess I need to bring a clock or watch to meetings that really ask me to be on time - leaving. Getting places on time is not a problem for me - except to computer class yesterday. Then we missed an exit on the way down. What a morning!


I am having fun researching "international stuff" for the history dept head and his college age son home for the summer. Web sites, reading suggestions. I also told the Dean of Studies about Leap of Faith - I think it is a great book for girls to read.


Came home to find my summer/fall schedule for counting money at church. Schedule changes - not mine, but other counters - have made me only count once this past "counting season", but we will see if this schedule holds.


My brother had to put his dog down yesterday. I want to do something, but I don't know what. I will think on that today. It is also his anniversary and my SIL's birthday in the next week or so - so I will try to put something together. Sister #5 and her daughter called yesterday when I was on my way home from training. My niece was on a school trip to Canada and the bus they were traveling in rolled over! No one was seriously harmed, but what an awful experience for all of those kids - and my sister! I know how awful it was when my son called to let me know that he had totalled his car when he fell asleep at the wheel traveling from Florida to North Carolina in 2002. It changed his life forever - and I don't think I am being dramatic on that thought. He went from being a car driver to a Honda Metropolitan scooter driver. To this day. It worked well going to college in a Florida tourist town and works for NYC life, but it has changed his life never owning a car since 2002. There is a great story about his scooter. We bought it in late summer, 2002 and then in October it was stolen. Then in October, 2003 (one year to almost the day it was stolen) we got a call that the cops had found it in Terre Haute Indiana. It fell out of the back of a stolen truck that was being pursued by the cops. We have never figured out who took it from FL to IN. We got a UPS store to crate it up (not without some conversation) and send it to Florida. And it has been with my son ever since. It is a bit worse for wear, but who has not developed a few "cosmetic and mechanical" issues over the last 4 years... but I keep running.
And talking about keeping running, I think I will get going this a.m. Have to squeeze in a day time dance class today, plus my work day walk, and some regular work thrown in. End of the school year makes life very "fluid" on campus. The girls will be gone by June 10, then I will be on vacation for the next week+, THEN we start our planning summer season. We will see.

No comments: