Friday, May 18, 2007

Reunion is here!


But before I start the weekend that will not end, I was looking up the "Billikens" schedule and realized a factor that probably helped Majerus get the job - female AD...he is a "magnet"! "Rick Majerus is known as one of the most passionate basketball coaches in America, and he has already communicated that passion to all he has met at SLU," said director of athletics Cheryl L. Levick. "Rick is committed to improving the national profile of our men's basketball program, which is what our athletic department and all Billiken fans want. We are also excited about what this means to SLU athletics." Passionate, exciting - that is Majerus.


As to a male who has the exact opposite "karma" of Majerus is Wolfowitz. Wolfowitz is closer to being a candidate for Letterman's "Stupid Human Tricks". And to finish my men who have it and who do not, I need to get on the phone and start trying to get tickets to Conan for a summer trip. I told my son that we could go to the show in NYC then head to his summer home in Watch Hill - and then my son said we can just wait for the police to come pick up his mother for stalking...


No dining hall yesterday for dinner, I stayed at the office until 7 p.m., then to Shaws to buy flowers and then home to back a cake. I am not "feeling it" as to my cake results, but I hope it is OK. One of our co-worker's is having her last day after 10 years. Of course I just have a recent work history with her, but - as I shared before - her family and mine have a history from when we were growing up. Her family was in the rich part of time, we were in the blue collar, private school versus our public school, but my mom and her father had a Board of Education connection and she was friend and neighbor to one of our family friends. Growing up in a town of 5000 people makes it hard for crossover not to happen.


A friend of mine's husband is a builder and Marcus Camby talked with him about building a house! I asked her husband if he needed an assistant for that job!!!


Yesterday I took off the pedometer because I know the next few days are either going to be the best as to steps or just aching feet from being on them all day. I have not heard from my niece so I don't know if she is headed this way or not. We will see.


Keep good thoughts for me as I work through the weekend. I am "on" from 6:30 a.m. today until 2 p.m. on Sunday...if you don't hear from me. Have a great weekend.

No comments: