Saturday, May 19, 2007

The week is not ending...


I don't know why this picture hit me this a.m.,but the glitz of the events "behind" me just wanting to have my coffee and relax...6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. yesterday. Most time spent at the registration desk. I did get a morning break to deliver my cake to the party and the party honoree delivered an empty cake pan to me by noon time. I guess my cake "worked" again. Everything seemed to go well during the day. One of the Trustees bought each of our staff a gift certificate for a manicure. I am going to use mine when I take Friday off next week. I can't wait! The food all day was incredible, and more today. I did refrain from all the appetizers and desserts, but I took advantage of other food items.


It will be different once reunion is over and our office adjusts to "regular life". I know I am will be adjusting my schedule. It was also interesting that the Head of School took Reunion Friday to announce the Admissions Director was resigning...I am thinking her staff was celebrating that she was leaving last night, but it is sad to me. The Director is the sister of a high school classmate of me and she had been in the Midwest for MANY years and then decided to move "home" closer to her family - I am wondering if I will see that 3 years "at home" will be more than enough. I do feel that there is more at play than work dissatisfaction in her life right now. I did not have a chance to talk to her yesterday with all going on, but I did email her and say that drinks after work are in order next week.


Better email sister #3 to say Happy Birthday! I don't know what time I will get home tonight and her birthday is tomorrow and I have to be at school AGAIN on Sunday a.m. for the Strawberries & Creme Brunch. Oh the money spent on "cultivation" of future donors, but I don't know if the same - or better - result could be obtained from less extravagant means. I think it looked a bit "wasteful" to some of our community.


All this and no walk...Sunday afternoon/evening, I better walk for hours to get my equilibrium back! Have a good Saturday.

No comments: