Friday, June 15, 2007

Brooklyn Bridge

Getting ready to head to the train station in New Haven and go to NYC for today and tomorrow a.m. I might have been ambitious when I said I wanted to walk into Brooklyn via the Brooklyn Bridge...looks a bit long in this picture. We will see how it goes. Had thought about getting up very early today and get into town for Enrique Iglesias' concert on the TODAY show, but lost my enthusiasm for that overnight. I don't know if this is a fact or fiction item of my life, but I remember seeing and/or hearing his father Julio in Argentina and/or Paraguary in 1973/74 on my first trip to South America. I have a vivid memory of him from that trip, but I don't trust my memory after all of the memories that have been "busted up" since I came home and people are filling in some of memories with factual information. But I do have one "real thing" memory in that I used to listen to an Enrique Iglesia's CD over and over and over on my road trips to Florida from North Carolina. My son bought me the CD and I had a habit of picking a CD and letting it play the entire 8 hours of the trip. Enrique was "with me" on a couple of my almost monthly trips I made. I had Cher with me for a couple of trips - Warren Zevon; Seal; a combo - Jimmy Buffett, Gretchen Wilson, Loretta Lynn trip; Aaron Neville; Enya; Marc Anthony. It was so hard to keep a strong sports radio signal on the radio that I just gave up and left a CD in for the trip.

But I am sick that I did not check the "Celebrate Brooklyn" web site - Sister #3 shared with my yesterday that The Neville Brothers were playing for free in Prospect Park last night! I am going to keep an eye on this series and do that some other time this summer. I would have gone down Thursday and Friday rather than Friday and Saturday if I had known about the Neville Brothers...Aaron Neville makes my heart stop. They are playing in Stamford on June 28 -might have to make it there.

Yesterday was movie day - Oceans 13 and The Inconvenient Truth. I liked both of them - for very different reasons. I will switch out all my light bulbs before vacation is over. I do think my personal footprint is pretty limited, but there is always room for improvement. Picked up my certified mail item in the a.m. - just from my former insurance company - I had switched companies and they just wanted to make sure I knew they were no longer my insurer. After my first movie, I went for a walk. I realized how different I was feeling at that point in my day versus how I felt at that time of the day the day before at the beach. The beach is a magic place.

I am taking "Bird by Bird" with me on my trip to read today -another Anne Lamott book. I am hooked on her stuff.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: