Sunday, June 03, 2007

Interesting Saturday


I started my day by going by the store to get my mother strawberries. She wanted to make strawberry shortcake for dinner dessert. So I went by Shaws and then headed into my parents. Once I had my lunch and dessert...and wash - clothes and car - was done, I was off to downtown Hartford to look at the Coexistence exhibit that was publicized at school as a weekend activity for the girls and looked interesting. It was great. I loved all the paintings and the quotes were very thoughtful. Hermann Hesse, Aristotle, Maya Angelou, Einstein - just a few that made me stand and think as I walked painting to painting. They also had an art contest going on the kids and great music playing in the background. I called sister #3 and my old roommate from the event to tell them about it - hope they get to see it at some point in time. I also walked the neighborhood - a true lesson in why coexistence is a concept we need to keep focused on. Then - in my thoughtful mode - on the way home I drove by 943 Asylum Ave which is where my mother's homeplace was before it was sold and turned into a parking lot and then to Elizabeth Park to walk the rose gardens. I can't remember when I was in Elizabeth Park last.
When I got home I thought about taking another walk, but instead I took a "therapeutic dose" of Advil and became one with my couch. Good CSPAN and CSPAN Book shows. Sister #5 called - her graduation event at her school is over. She recapped the events of her week and it is amazing how hard she and sister #4 work with their school activities. Sister #5 is off to Spain and France with kids on June 11 and then comes back a day before she opens summer camp. Sister #4 will do the same graduation (from 8th grade rather #5's 12th grade) then since she is a town Bd of Ed member she will "work" with the public school graduation then she will have a few days off before she starts her summer work at a yacht club. Sister #1 will be coming to the states for her summer vacation. It will be good to see her. I am envisioning a day by my brother's pool during one of her days home and being able to visit with her.
I will see Sister #4 this a.m. She is in town and spent the night at my parents last night. A friend had her 50th birthday party. I will go in to have breakfast with her - my father makes homemade waffles every Sunday a.m. - and then head to church in my cousin's hometown and go out to breakfast with her (I will have to pass on eating at one of those stops) and celebrate her 49th birthday. She is also a teacher and is still in the thick of her activity versus the private schools. Public schools seems to be closer to the end of June rather than the beginning.
Depending on the weather I will be swinging my my co-worker's son's baseball game tonight. He made the town All-Star team. He was very excited about it, I hope the game does not get rained out.
Then on to Monday and my pre-vacation week. Hope I can keep my focus the whole week...I have plenty to do.
Have a good Sunday.

No comments: