Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monday was a news day

Very reflective day with the news of the deaths of Tom Snyder, Bill Walsh, and Ingmar Bergman. A fall as a result of a seizure of our Chief Justice. Another service for the tragic murder victims in a nearby town. And on different level, but
thought provoking for me - Brian Lamb "recently married a hometown friend" - as in 2005 I think it was. Could I be a day late and a dollar short with any greater frequency than of late? If I am not being snatched from the jaws of death - as I was twice last week on my walk and the NYC incidents - I am missing the boat. But with that said, I have to keep my thought of everything happens for a reason, but I think that also means that I am not just sitting back and expecting my life to spiral up.

Sister #3 is at sister #5's while attending a lacrosse camp. Sister #5 is looking for a new car and the two sisters called me last night to get my opinion on whether it was a good deal or not that she was being offered...do they not know that I slave over $5 purchases? And am driving around in a old car, can't buy a ticket for my St Lucia trip, live in rentals...and they call me for buying advice? But they did know that I would do some research which I did and sent it along.

Off to the last in the Hepburn film series tonight. Early start today with walking at 7 a.m. so my co-worker/walker has a doctor's appointment. I will go to the dining hall for breakfast after we walk.

I have been reading from The Book of Secrets when I am writing to look for sections to share, but unlike Bird by Bird, taking "bits" out of context just do not do the book justice. But it does remind me that I do need to make this weekend reading weekend and I hope - beach reading weekend.

Gave one of my co-workers a ride home - it was not my favorite 30 minutes of my day - but I know how it is to be a single person who needs to get to point A to point B and do not have spouse or family around to help out. It also showed me a different part of the state and ANOTHER Five Guys Restaurant opening up. I remember when I had to go to Arlington VA to experience Five Guys, now there are 3 franchises in a 20 mile radius of where I live! Takes some of the fun out of it and the "event" of it. I haven't had a french fry run in quite awhile - I think the warm weather draws me to seafood rather than hamburgers and french fries.

Guess I better get going. Have a good Tuesday.

No comments: