Thursday, August 09, 2007

More dining out

Hope I make it through this week of eating! Good dinner last night at Casille's with former co-workers. Lots of laughing which was the goal as one of the dinner guests is going through another round of chemotherapy for her husband. He was diagnosed last winter - in November - and it has been up and down since then. I cannot grasp what that must be like.

We had our umbrellas out yesterday morning for our walk, but nothing major to keep us from completing the loop. Boss decided that it was not a good time to take any time off this week...amazing. Planning meeting for the first days of school. This will be my first start of the school year at my school, but it feels like we will be going from zero to 60 in a matter of a couple weeks. August 23 teachers start coming back. I can't wait. I will have to "suffer" through the dining hall being closed for a week...but the good news is that we will be switching from camp kids lunch food to rich girls food! Good switch.

I was very happy to see the list of activities at the Hartford Public Library. I think I need to make that a Fall destination for things to do and get involved in. I also asked a former co-worker about a women's group she belongs to, but it has been closed for 15 years...guess it would take too long to bring a new member up to speed.

I am leaning NOT toward Brooklyn this weekend. Think I will leave the post tornado area alone. I emailed sister #3 and my son to see if they were a part of any of the action. I was used to this when my son went to college in Florida - every hurricane season. But since he lived near the beach and hung out with surfers, hurricane season was something to look forward to - lots of action. Good for him, worrisome for me. But that was one of a list of worry items for me during that time. Another phase I am glad I am passed - out of middle school, out of high school, graduated from college - I guess my next "marker" will be marriage? We will see.

Dentist appointment and then dinner tonight. I will stop for my dip on the way home from the dentist before dinner tonight.

Have a good Thursday.

No comments: