Monday, August 13, 2007

Peaceful - but thought provoking - Sunday

Saw Eat, Pray, Love and Glass Castle on the NYT Bestsellers list. I thought I was behind the curve on those two books, but I guess I am on it. I did finish India in my book on Saturday - no reading Sunday. So I still have Indonesia to read.

Yesterday was slow moving in the a.m. Watched all my morning shows but I am getting more and more discouraged with the news delivery after I watch shows on C-SPAN like the talks by Navarro, Lott, Fontava (who did not seem to hold CHE in the same reverent position as I do...). But I was disappointed with the Tony Snow talk last night. He said George W was one of the best people managers he had ever worked for...that just does not seem right. And the morning after that talk, Karl Rove resigns... Oh well. I did not head out to see the meteor showers after the show. The show did not energize me like Q&A usually does. John Lott and his discussion about women's issues tie to what I think about how the women's movement was such a large part of major current social issues. He was standing in front of the Heritage Foundation curtain, but I still had to agree with his discussion.

"This Sunday, August 12, at 11:00 AM EDT; Sunday, August 12, at midnight EDT; and Saturday, August 18, at 7:00 PM EDT C-SPAN 2's Booknotes will have a presentation on my new book. The discussion each time will last an hour.

My appearance on CSPAN 2's Booknotes seems to have engendered some reaction:

On the positive side you can find this: "I almost forgot to mention that John will discuss his terrific book, Freedomnomics, on C-SPAN at 11:00 am EDT. The interview repeats at midnight and the booktv site has the full schedule for subsequent replays.

Go see it, the book is wonderfully ingenious, clearly written, and the balance of evidence and analysis makes John one of the formidable economists in the public policy arena.""

"Exposing the Real Che Guevara: And the Useful Idiots Who Idolize Him by Humberto Fontova"

"The Coming China Wars: Where They Will Be Fought and How They Can Be Won (Hardcover)
by Peter Navarro (Author)"


Yankees, #20, Tiger - all winners on Sunday. A good sports day.

I timed my visit to the pool to take advantage of the full 30 minutes of the 5 p.m. adult swim. Very good end of the day. I did go for my "regular" town walk on Sunday afternoon. Which has been anything but regular the last month or so.

I did not do any errands I had planned to do or visit the parents this weekend.

We will see where this week goes. Have a good one.

No comments: