Sunday, August 12, 2007

Taking Saturdays off

Friday was an different day - an "issue" with our new copier and its support people, but other than that, I just worked to get the boss out of town for a reception she will be attending on Monday. Friday night - I did not even stay up to watch the football game!

Saturday I was off to see sister #5 and her new car. It was a great day. There were having an Antique Roadshow type event at her school. Parents of one of the students is one of the appraiser we see on TV. Then to lunch at the local "Vanilla Bean" (also a huge biker hangout on Saturday) - but the crowd is across the board! After lunch, ice cream at - next to Hallmark in Old Lyme - the best ice cream place around. Post eating, off to the pool at the school down the street where sister #5 holds her summer camp. Great swim followed by lawn chairs in her backyard reading - me, my Eat, Pray, Love; sister #5, the latest Harry Potter. Her daughter was inside reading one of her summer reading books...The Glass Castle. I can believe that is a rising 8th grader's reading list book! Sister #1 and I both had it on our book club reading this year - tough book! Another activity of the day was going by a "Barn Sale" that sells a ceramic line from Italy. Out in the middle of "the CT quiet corner". And one of my favorite "quiet corner" myths or legends - The American Laborers Education Center? Myth is it is the Rhode Island mafia enclave...I love driving by - it is an incredible piece of property in the middle of farm land. I also love driving by Coach Calhoun's driveway. You can see his "compound" from my sister's school The quiet corner is not as quiet as people think!

I was sad to hear that it will not be Tiger and John Daly in the last group today, but I hope Daly keeps it interesting. Lots of Yankee talk on the NY sports radio station I have to switch to as I drive out of my local station's range.

Need to check out the Connecticut Main Street project web site. I want to be prepared for my first meeting in September for my town Economic Development Agency volunteer job.

Old roommate called me on my way home yesterday to see if I wanted to go to the beach today. I said I would pass. I like my Saturday as my "travel" day of the weekend. Also I was in the pool yesterday when they were having church next door at 4 p.m... So I need to hit 8 a.m. or 10 a.m. this morning. I think I am going to shoot for 8. So I better get going.

Have a good Sunday.

No comments: