Monday, August 06, 2007

Peaceful Sunday

Great day weather wise and otherwise yesterday. Watched some of my usual Sunday morning shows, but when George Stephanopolous (sp)began the Republican Debate from Iowa...I had to turn it off so I decided that I would get the washing clothes/grocery shopping part of my day over. When I got back from that mission, I put my bathing suit on trying to decide whether I would head to my brother's pool or the town pool and then I fell sound asleep on the couch...so when I woke up I took the shorter trip to the town pool and I got there at the perfect time. 10 minutes before adult swim, so I had the best town pool swim I have had all summer. I will keep that timing in mind as the town pool season winds down toward Labor Day. Then I came home and had dinner, watched news, and curled up to watch Q&A. Doesn't take much to make it a good day for me...but, now that I look back at the day - why is milk so expensive these days? My only non-bargain item on Sunday shopping list.

I read "Italy" in the Eat, Pray, Love book on Saturday and worked my way into "India" yesterday beginning in bed with my coffee - I couldn't wait to start reading it. The India part is not as fast reading (like Book of Secrets) - Eastern thinking hits so many nerves for me. It makes so much sense, but there is so many layers of habits and issues I need to work through to get to my true being. I don't know where the process gets me, but it seems to make sense while I am reading.

This week feels good. Get to go to the dentist on Thursday. I love getting my teeth cleaned. I never go to doctors, but I get my teeth cleaned every 6 months no matter what! I don't know how "Eastern" I am thinking when I pin the "happiness" button on getting my teeth cleaned...oh well.

I am completely excited about pre-season football starting on TV on Friday night! Tom Glavine finally got his 300th win yesterday. I think now all "we" are waiting for is Bond's to do the homerun deed.

Let's all have a good week.

No comments: