Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Back to work

Waking up a bit late for me today. Interesting day yesterday at I found myself watching daytime TV - Regis and Kelly; Ellen with just a short look at the CSPAN talk about their upcoming Presidential Library series. I have been to George I's library in College Station, TX and have a ticket for the Kennedy Library at the end of this month - so I making progress. I did not realize during my time in Texas that Johnson's library is the only free one - so I have to put that on one of my travel lists. Talked to sister #5 for an hour. Niece #4 left to go to her dad's to start the school year today. Hard for my sister after having her live with her all summer. Everything is moving in the right direction, but not on the desired timetable. I am glad I never had to deal with that back and forth after my husband left.

I went for a walk and then fought with the idea of heading to my brother's house for a swim, then I just grabbed my cake and decided that I would trade cake for a swim. Once I got there, there was no need for bribes. They were glad to see me and niece #1 had also decided to make a surprise visit home from college so I got a swim and a chili dinner. Niece #3 came home right before dinner. She and a friend had gone to Six Flags for the day. I always feel that Six Flags was a Texas only experience, but not any more I guess. Not too many fighting to get in the pool as it was 68 degrees.

I did check my voice mail remotely and only one call had come in as of yesterday afternoon, so I do not think that will fill it up. Not sure what today will look like as to work. Coming back after a three day weekend is always tricky. And getting a "late" start is not how I pictured getting started, but I will try to make up some time without missing my breakfast.

Have a good rest of the work week - weather looks good. Allergies are acting up. It is Fall.

No comments: