Wednesday, September 05, 2007

My town is "cool" and I am not so...

CANTON - Dennis Cardello, a former president of the local chamber of commerce, says it has never been a well-kept secret that Collinsville is a great spot to visit.

But now the word is definitely out, with Collinsville being named one of the "10 Coolest Small Towns" in America in an article in the September issue of Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine.

"It's an enclave of artists and musicians," said Cardello, president and chief executive officer of Collinsville Savings Society on Main Street. "It's an amazing experience to visit Collinsville if you haven't done it before."

The above is taken from an article in the Hartford Courant. Too bad my town was not so cool when I was growing up, I could have saved myself a lot of travel miles? The kids who lived in Collinsville were the "River Rats" and the rich kids lived in North Canton or Canton Center back in the day. Oh well, at least I am here now.

My cosmic guidance is not as straightforward but I hope it means we will resolve my job situation this week. Living in a cool place AND a new job...that would work. My co-walking, co-worker had her meet and greet meeting with the new Head of School and our boss is going to be the boss of the department for the long term, so it is up to the underlings to change their attitude "or latitude" to make it work. I think I am the only one with active options in place, but that may change.

"Some calculated the mass of all the data that flows over the Internet in the course of a year. The trillions of terabytes of information tip the scales at a mere .00004 ounce. I suspect that a similar disjunction will occur in your life during the coming days. Maybe you'll create a weightless miracle with incredible staying power. Or perhaps you will oversee a potent and intense and profound change that will be difficult to measure and almost invisible to casual observers."

"September 5, 2007 -- It's good to compromise but you must not compromise too much. As communications planet Mercury moves into your sign you will make every effort to find solutions that please all parties, but not everyone will be as reasonable as you. Those who refuse to meet you halfway must be given no concessions at all."

I can't add picture or even make italics on my postings anymore. I really need to get some help from my son to see what I am doing wrong.

I have now seen my brother and his family in the last month than I have in the last 10 years...he and his wife came to look at a condo to buy in "my" building which would become my new home. I am going to be their built-in renter of whatever they decide to buy as their investment. They looked at one on the first floor last night and second floor tonight - that will make my grocery, clothes washing process easier.

I am passing on my Rachel's Vineyard meeting tonight. This holiday week has thrown me off and company coming into town tomorrow, I am going to stay local. I do need to get on my fall schedule of music performances at UofH and other local schools and libraries. I have book club, town committee work, Hartford Public Library event next week. Economic Development Agency meeting should be interesting with the article in the paper. Should make our jobs easier.

I was sad to hear about the disappearance in Nevada. But there are some people who are not meant to grow old gracefully.

The Yankees are trying not to roll over and die at this point in the season.

It's Wednesday already. I enjoy and struggle with the week after a long weekend!!! Have a good rest of the week.

No comments: