Saturday, September 01, 2007

College Football kick off Saturday - a very good day

A call yesterday reminded me that today was college football kick off Saturday. DUKE-UCONN bragging rights wager is in place and all is well with the world. I am just out of my pajamas and looking out my window on the world to a red letter weather day.

Yesterday was a strange day - pre holiday weekend Friday mixed with opening day of school to come next week. People TRYING to take advantage of the last day of relative vacation and gear up for the onslaught to come. I was a bit outside the loop but had a busy enough day. Walked alone in the a.m., got my picture taken for my school ID - which good news/bad news will be on the web in our online school directory. I don't think the art teacher taking the pictures had enough air in his airbrush to "do me justice", but it is what it is. Came home to take another walk. Trying to get into my new no pool routine after work. I will be looking for other things to do for evening exercise as the days get shorter and weather cooler. But no bad news in being outside and wandering around. Made a few calls as I walked. I think I shared that my friend from Texas is coming back up on Thursday. I need to see if she can stash some more salsa in her bag!!! D.L. Jardine's Ole Chipotle Salsa and Dip!!! I have been eating it with chips like candy since she gave me a jar when she was here. She and her husband are down in "Port A" celebrating their 24th wedding anniversary.

I am loving this a.m. and my ESPN radio. GAMEDAY! I love this time of year. Mel Kiper Jr. Helps me forget the Yankee score from last night.

I got home in time last night to watch the NewsHour and Washington Week. I guess Bush's buddies are taking him at his word - stay till the end of the term or get out by Labor Day. It is a bit troubling when you hear people leaving jobs because they ran out of money. Runs a bit hollow to most "common people" that people cannot live on 6 figures...

Very successful morning this morning - I am as psyched as the players getting ready for the games - I successfully ran up and down 4 flights of stairs and got my wash all done without running into anyone on the stairs. A very good thing based on the fact I was still in my pajamas... Then emailed sister #1 and #3 to see if their work would afford any service projects for my school's community learning program. I have plans to meet my brother at my mother's tonight for my mother's birthday, but I am planning to run in as we speak to bring her flowers so she can work on those as the day goes on. She loves arranging flowers and sharing her arrangements with her neighbors.

Need to email my UNC friend to wish him a Happy Butch Davis Football Season! I miss being in a college time at this time of year!!!

Hope your team wins!

No comments: