Thursday, September 06, 2007

NFL, Pavarotti, Michele Rhee

NFL tonight, Michele Rhee on Q&A on Sunday, and the death of Pavarotti - things that caught my attention this morning. I got lots of feedback yesterday about my "cool" hometown. Life never ceases to amaze me.

Busy day at work yesterday and the weather is very "Fall" - you can tell by my sneezing and puffy eyes. It was always hard when the first week of school I never looked my best...didn't bother me in Texas or North Carolina, but CT...

Today is pick up day at the airport. Not sure what the schedule is after that - whether I have an overnight guest or she heads directly to join her family in New York. Every other Thursday dinner night with my neighbor and an ex-co-worker is back in town moving her daughter into school. In the day we went to the same high school then ended up re-meeting each other when I came back home and to the school I am at now. Her sister and I were classmates at school. As to current or new schools, the other school has been calling around to try and figure out who this person is who is applying for the job. It is a very good thing that the person they ended up talking to was my co-walking, co-worker. A person at the possible new school called the former director and that former director called my co-worker. Good news she already knew of my search - she is the only one at school that did...very fortuitous.

Good day in the Yankee neighborhood.

Have not heard any update on the Fossett search. It would be the way he would want to go, but it seems a bit early in life. Or I wonder if he has my philosophy of "walk into the woods" when I am ready to call it a permanent day?

Have a good Thursday. This short week flew by.

No comments: