Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday and down to one job!

Didn't realize it had been since Wednesday since I wrote. It has been an interesting end of the week with a very surprising going away party from my old job. I really did not expect anything - I have never done an internal job move, but I thought it would not be "party worthy" with me going from one side of the street to the other. But it was very nice and and a gift certificate for dinner at Green Papaya - a great THAI restaurant. So I was happy.

The week took a busy turn on both sides of the street - big admissions mailing on Wednesday and huge development mailing on Friday. Both were "mission accomplished" in the real meaning of those words. Now I have just two mop up issues from old job - good news, bad news - only two, but they both take place tomorrow, Sunday! I am going in today to try to get ahead on admissions.

My week nights took a different look this week - Wednesday was shells and meatballs. Not good news from my ex-co worker whose husband is fighting cancer, but I think she got some good laughs listening to my ranting and raving. Thursday was just me and my neighbor. My co-worker who was going to join us was home waiting for a tree guy who decided he really could not do the next step of the job he was half way through in her backyard. I called my brother to see if one of "his people" could help her. As to Thursday dinner, I have to take Sakimura off my list - I forgot I had been there before and was not that impressed, but I was really not impressed this time. I will not forget this time. Friday - cancelled faculty and staff wine & cheese. No reason released, but maybe the fact that the Trustees were on campus and some of the faculty and administration needed to make appearances at the meetings and/or dinner. I did run into UofH for part of a percussion recital. Was a bit too restless to sit for the whole program, but it was a good break and assist in shifting gears.

I do need to shift gears for the week ahead - more walking, less working.

My lightbulb over my license plate issue (I think I shared that I was "arrested" again...for lightbulbs being burned out over my license plate) But I don't know if I put in this way - it takes a Village to deal with my lightbulb issue. When I am struggling, I do not go down that road silently.

Next week staff and faculty dance class starts up. Can't wait. Maybe this year I will make some progress. Alumni Boston bus trip a week from today, the house party recital next Sunday. The only downside is I am missing a big party in Brooklyn next Saturday, but I signed up for Boston before I knew about the party...but I do need a trip to see my son soon. He has been on my mind a lot this week.

Was going to go see sister #4 vs #5 coach against each other on Tuesday afternoon, but I think I am going to have to pass.

I am so far behind on sports and politics - no CSPAN this week, no NewsHour, no Washington Week, Yankees loss last night, interesting story line on Penn State vs ND today. I have a lot of life catch-up this week. But all good.

No comments: