Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The week that was

I am still trying to remind myself that breathing is good, exercise is essential and I am not in a "first responder" job situation. We had a staff meeting where I was hung in effigy right before my very eyes. Now I can be the reason that the office is not up to the task. I pulled my boss from the fire without even meaning to, but as long as I am out - I will have to live with the consequences. My co-worker, co-walker has cut me out. She has a solo walking plan in place...a good thing on one level in that now she has the energy and enthusiasm to do what she needs to do with or without me. As soon as I get through this working both jobs, I feel I will ask to tag along on one of her during the work day walks. Or ask her if she wants to use the fitness room at the gym as it gets darker and colder at the beginning and end of the days. I also called the local pool to see what their rates are - I hate to pay for exercise, but it might be an option for the winter. Transition time is always interesting to see what are the unseen consequences and rewards.

Kinky was sold out tonight, so I am off to Cassile's for my shells and meatballs with two former co-workers. Tomorrow dinner with current co-worker and my friend/next door neighbor. Friday, the first faculty/staff wine and cheese party on campus then a concert at UofH. Friday may change if sister #3 takes me up on the offer to take her to New Haven to get the train back to NYC. We will see.

I need to get a wider lens on my life camera once next week comes around.

Have a good day. This week is half over...!!!

No comments: