Sunday, September 16, 2007

Take a deep breath

That is what I keep telling myself right now. The next week of transitioning from one job location to another at school is going to be interesting to say the least. Just need to go from one project to another. It is not like I am a brain surgeon or anything...

Yesterday my hair was on fire the entire day. I got lots done in the a.m., then I dropped off some clothes that needed to soak for a bit at my parents' (to come back to find them all soaked, washed, dried, folded and ironed...am I 5 or 55?), then to an incredible presentation at the Hartford Public Library, then to the office to get some work done, then to church, then to my 6-9 p.m. meeting with my new boss while she was on weekend phone duty, then home. Today, wrote a letter of recommendation for a girl who wants to go into the Peace Corps and who would be a GREAT volunteer so that was an easy write. Then to church rectory to count the money. Then on to work. Then to Barnes and Noble to order Ms. Ojito's book and another copy of Monique and the Mango Rains. Then to Shaws for milk and bananas. Then for a walk. Now on the computer. Then to a bit of nap!!! Then into Hartford for a pre-concert dinner at Sally's Fish House - which I have been wanting to try - then to the Genesis Concert. I must admit right now that if there is an intermission...I may be heading for the door as long as I have gotten a glimpse of Phil.

Did I tell you sister #3 bought me a Flip Flop Fly Swatter!!! I love it!!!

Incredible presentation at the Library on Saturday was: Belief Systems of the African-Diaspora as Cultural Resistance: Orisha Tradition and Culture in the 21st Century. Great top and outstanding panel. It was part of The Harlem Book Fair Hartford. They are going to open up The Harlem Book Fair Barbados next year with a cruise to Barbados...might have to look into that.

Don't know what my mornings are going to look like, so you might not be hearing from me this week. Have a good week.

No comments: