Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Could I be more boring...

My big birthday was a great day - I did exactly what I wanted to do. But that was not a very active set of choices. My new office mates gave me a great party in the a.m., then I had a great work day on a beautiful weather day. The weather really made me reconsider my plans - going to downtown Hartford to sit inside for the evening just was not a draw for me by the end of my work day. I went for a great walk after work - getting calls from sister #1 and my son as I walked, then off to Puerta Vallarta to get my take out dinner, then I borrowed the NY Times from the school library, came home, had dinner, read the NY Times (in my lawn chair in my living room...) and got a call from my brother who again tried to shame me out of having the recliner lawn chair in my livingroom - "it is so wrong" per his quote. I then watched DWTS's and then to bed. Not exactly what the wild life looks like, but I felt so good based on the weather, my phone calls and great birthday cards waiting for me when I got home. I love the fact that my former co-workers in NC sent me a card and that my frumpy self got a birthday card at my advanced age with "L'il Killer" as one of the well wishers. I bet not all 55 yr old matrons have acquaintances called "Killer" - I love that about my life.

Along those lines, last night as I transitioned between walk and going for dinner, I was talking on the phone with my son and one of my co-workers drove by as the police were coming down the driveway onto campus - she thought I had crossed the line in some way. My son was laughing as I was talking to her, directing the cop (you know how I feel about cops after my seat belt violation and no lights over my license plate warning!!!) to another part of campus and talking to him.

Tonight is the League of Women Voters meet the candidates next door at the town hall. I will definitely be at that.

Better get going. I am usually a work by this time and I haven't even taken a shower yet...

Have a good Tuesday.

No comments: