Thursday, October 11, 2007

Double "1's" waiting for double "2's"

I always love to celebrate a good friend's birthday because her birthday is the 11th and that means mine is 11 days away. No matter how old I get, I still like the birthday time. October is a good month on many levels - birthdays, sports, weather - even with the rain today.

Yesterday the Memorial Chapel went well. Good feedback and it stayed on schedule. The student reader was "the best ever" according to one of the longer tenured teacher's. I was happy that her turn came up for my last solo event on writing the script for the event! I would say - "I am a lucky girl", but since it was for the Memorial Chapel, I should say - "I had an angel looking over me"- non-denominational, of course. Whichever way, it was a good day.

Another good thing was the drizzle drove me to the gym and that is definitely a good option as winter approaches. I am feeling it today and that is good news - I tapped into a different set of muscles!

I am an hour behind schedule today. I have been leaving for work at this point of time each morning of late, but I don't use an alarm clock, so I have to take what time my body gives me each day. I can adjust the end of the day if I have things to do, but I do let my body set the wake up time. I will still get to work an hour before everyone else.

Tried to work on the minutes of the EDA meeting, but I will have to finish them up today.

Horse trials at school this weekend. I will be setting up the table for the Admissions post early Sunday morning. It never ends, but I am not complaining.

I am a bit put off by the UAW theatrical strikes this week. I hate to speak against my party, but on many levels (and I guess it is because I have never worked for a union shop) the unions are out of step with what has to happen in today's workplace? It was a good concept for its time, but today is not its time. Just my opinion. Especially in an industry that is falling behind the competition and some of that is product, but some is the price of the product. Just heard on the morning news that Broadway union workers may be going out on strike... John Edwards was on the NewsHour last night and I am thinking that his union stand is another thing we disagree...I am still floundering as to my pick.

Haven't heard much sports news - don't count Torre, A-Rod news as sports.

Have a good Thursday.

No comments: